Abuse and Suicide

Hello, I Am Athena my real name is tara just wanted to share my story.
I am 27 and when i was in middle school i was raped several times by the guy i thought cared about and i felt like i was just nothing and started to self mutilate and wanted to just end it all. so i attempted to end it all. I then went to a christian concert festival and met my favorite artist and she had listened to my story and wrote on my back of my hand I am Loved. She had told me to look at it until it faded and remember it always. I went until college without cutting and then was gang raped at a party. After that happened i fell back into my old ways. That is when i did my second attempt and failed again thank god. So fast forward to 2012 I married who i thought was the love of my life and was happy for 2 years after that he started to beat me and he threw me into my bed frame and choked me and the bed frame ended up cutting my calf pretty bad. I was scared to leave so I stayed with him for 5 years and finally now am getting a divorce if he would just show up to court instead is trying to ruin my life. but I now know i am loved and am stronger then what has happened to me.

just want everyone to know they are loved and if anyone ever needs to talk im a open ear and would love to help…

Love Athena

3 Likes

I’m beyond glad that you’re here and that you’re pushing past all the things that have happened to you. You’re worth so much and so valuable to the ones around you. I’m thankful to have gotten to talk to you the first time I did, as much as I like to have fun on stream and goof around, I do want people to know I take this very seriously. I love people, and I believe in people.

<3 <3 <3

3 Likes

Athena,

Thank you so much for sharing part of your story. I believe that stories have the power to change lives and I know someone who reads yours will find comfort knowing they are not alone.

Keep reminding yourself of the truth, you are loved!

Hold Fast,
-SJ

2 Likes

You brave, brave, brave woman! You have endured so many things! I guess a lot of us here have. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It is true, you are dearly loved and such a courageous human!

2 Likes

Athena,

What Christian concert festival did you attend (was it Outcry or Winter Jam, by any chance?) and who’s your favorite artist??

I’m terribly sorry to hear about what you went through in junior high and college. Some guys disgust me, and I’ll never be able to fully understand why some guys are willing to completely destroy the life of someone just so they can get what they want. It makes me nauseous just thinking about it. I’m proud of you for making it this far! Don’t let the abusers win; you’re strong and you’re worth fighting for. Hold fast, friend.

-Eric

2 Likes

Alive festival in Ohio Rebecca st James. I have been to big ticket festival in Michigan and winter jam I love all artist honestly but rsj is my fav

1 Like

Athena, thank you so much for sharing this and I’m so sorry for everything you’ve had to endure. Just remember that you are so loved here and you are such an inspiration to so many. Your story will help many more people to come. We love you. Keep fighting.

Kayla

2 Likes