Any Advice? It would be greatly appreciated

So I like this guy…I think he’s really cute… I don’t really know him, but I can’t help but want to know him… So here I sit, late at night, thinking about him… I’d like to think that maybe something could happen between us someday… but then my insecurities tell me it’ll never happen… I can sit here and imagine being with him… but no… my insecurities are back again… they’re telling me that I’m not good enough… I’m not pretty enough… I’m not skinny enough… and the list goes on… I don’t even think he likes me… I mean he doesn’t even know me… we barely talk… I wish we talked more… even just as friends… but I still like him and I don’t know why… I wish I knew, because maybe then I wouldn’t be so dazed and confused about everything… I really want to talk to him, even if to just say Hi… But I don’t know how… I’m always so shy and nervous around people I don’t know… knowing me I’d probably make a complete fool of myself… so here I am, sitting here late at night thinking about a guy and whether or not I should talk to him… Any Advice???

1 Like

Britness23,

Yeah man it sucks to feel in this place of paralysis – like you’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t…you’re damned if you do because you fear you’re going to make a fool of yourself and lose your fantasy life with this guy…you’re damned if you don’t because you want to so badly and the fear and regret are eating you alive!

If I had to lean one way, friend, I’d rather be damned if I do. You’re torturing yourself by not reaching out! I’d rather be rejected than die a slow death. You can recover quite quickly from a rejection and move on to another boy, AS THE WORST CASE. But there’s also a chance that he might like you back! And the only way you’ll ever be able to know is to take the risk. So dive in! The water’s fine! And if it’s not, the dry off process is quick and mostly painless compared to the slow death of melting in the sun because you wouldn’t risk jumping in.

-Nate

1 Like

Hi Brit, thanks for sharing!

I’ve been in that situation maybe twice, then I decided it was better to just take the risk and not give a thing about everything else. You never know when someone could like you back! Don’t let your insecurities block you from doing that. Worst case you get is you getting rejected. Nothing more, nothing else. There’ll always be someone pulling your leg for something, so just talk to him. We the boys like it a lot when girls do, trust me. Take your time obviously (not too much time, or it’ll be too late), but even if you end up being rejected, recovery will be pretty quick, and it’s waaaay better than just spending your night awake thinking about him.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi Brit, thanks for sharing!

I’ve been in that situation maybe twice, then I decided it was better to just take the risk and not give a thing about everything else. You never know when someone could like you back! Don’t let your insecurities block you from doing that. Worst case you get is you getting rejected. Nothing more, nothing else. There’ll always be someone pulling your leg for something, so just talk to him. We the boys like it a lot when girls do, trust me. Take your time obviously (not too much time, or it’ll be too late), but even if you end up being rejected, recovery will be pretty quick, and it’s waaaay better than just spending your night awake thinking about him. Also, never think you’re not pretty or skinny enough: maybe you’re not for him, but you’ll always be for someone else.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

1 Like