Any advice? What exactly should I do?

Hey friends,

So, ever since I was a little kid, I’ve always wanted to be a truck driver and as a matter of fact, I’m going to be starting school next week for CDL training. I am so excited but so scared and nervous at the same time because driving a semi takes a lot of skill and training. The thing I’m struggling with right now is my current full-time job. This is probably the stupidest idea ever, but I thought about quitting my job and just focus on the training and the training only lasts 4 weeks long too, which is awesome. The thing that is stopping me is if I do quit my job, I won’t be making money during the training period, so about a month I won’t be getting a paycheck. I have quite a few bills to pay just like a normal adult would. Rent, phone bill, utilities, car payment, etc.

I just feel like quitting my job and just focus on training would be the best thing for me. The thing that is making it all worse is money. Everything involves around money which sucks. Even though I’m the only one that should make this decision on my own, but just asking for advice, or if anyone has been here down this road before. Just not sure what to do.

Thank you.

1 Like

drobofficial,

Thanks for reaching out! Congrats on pursuing a career you are passionate about and pursuing accomplishing soon.

My personal opinion is to continue to work your full time job and go to school. It’s definitely not easy and will take discipline, sacrifice, and sleepless nights, but just remember that it’s only temporary. Be encouraged that it is not a long period of time, you are working towards your ultimate goal, and it is going to be an investment into your future in this new career! This short time will be a stretching experience for you, but overall it will build your character and thankfulness looking back at this time and you can then be an encouragement to those who are in the same situation in the future and impart your experience to help them as well. You got this!

-L

1 Like

Thank you so much for responding back. That means so much to me. You definitely got a point on that and thank you so much your opinion. You gotta go through the bad in order to get to the good. That’s for sure.

I just gotta keep fighting.

Hello friend,

My advice is to keep your job and go to the school at the same time. Maybe it’ll be slower than concentrating fully on your objective, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. I’m also studying and working at the same time and it needs a lot of hard work, but I’m sure you’re motivated enough to keep going.

Wishing you the best for your present and future career!

pioggia :sunflower:

1 Like