Bored and lonely

I saw Beartooth a few days ago. I had the time of my life but now that I’m back home I just feel shitty again. That concert was the best night of my life and to come back to my boring fuckin life kinda sucks. I don’t wanna waste another summer alone in my room but my friends are always busy and there’s nothing to do in this fuckin town. I just wanna get out of here

Yep, I can definitely relate to this. It’s like the A Day to Remember song “All Signs Point to Lauderdale” haha. I may not hate the town I live in right now, but I feel super lonely all the time, and it’s not fun at all. Some people talk about how busy they are with all of their responsibilities, but I have all of this free time I want to spend with my friends and always end up on the back burner. Perhaps that’s why we go to metal shows (I’m a huge Beartooth fan too!), as it gets us out of our boredom and loneliness. But when we return home, it’s often the same old routine. Have you ever reached out to try to make friends at shows? I randomly started talking to a dude at a Dangerous Summer show last year, and now he’s one of my best friends! Do you have anything you can do back home to ignite a passion or interest? Have you told your friends how you’re feeling? I would try those things before leaving your town, but, as I relate from experience, change is definitely helpful.

Hey friend I understand empty summers and loneliness.
Maybe look into some new hobbies: drawing, painting, photography, instruments, singing, crafts, muscle building, new bands to listen to.
Wishing you luck! :slight_smile: