Can't go on anymore without my mother

I feel lost since my mom passed away last year of cancer. My dad hasn’t been treating me with much respect since she died. I feel like he is constantly hurting my feelings and not caring about me at all. I feel so overwhelmed with depression and hurt that I want to disappear from life it self.

2 Likes

Hi friend,
I’m so sorry about your mum, that is awful.
I know how rough it is to not have a parent around particularly if you were very close to them and I think you’re incredibly strong for carring on without them.

I know this might be hard, but have you spoken to your dad about how you feel? Maybe speaking it out would be good for both of as I can imagine you are both facing a really really tough time in your lives.

It may seem all dark right now but things do get easier, it does take time and work but the hurt and pain will pass. I know it’s easy to turn to suicide when things seem to painful to go on but you are needed here, and you’re father does love and care for you even though he doesn’t seem to show it much at the moment.
You are loved,
Hold fast friend,
Luna :heart:

1 Like

Hi Ricky, I’m sad you have to face this.
Your father loves you, it’s just his way to face the loss, but he loves you. And so do we. You’re important and you have a purpose for this life. And I’m sure your mother is and always be proud of you.

Love you

1 Like

Hey @RickyP - I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts and best wishes are being sent to you and you’re family. Mourning is a lengthy process but it’s an important step that needs to be taken in order to heal. You’re strong. We believe in you!

sending a virtual hug
I know youre going through some real shit and it hurts like hell to not feel the support you need from the ones closest to you. Your dad must be going through things too. Remember a lot of what people do when they’re in pain is not personal. We are standing with you fren!

Hello Ricky, my name is Ryan. My mom passed away when I was 19. My dad just passed away less than a month ago. I’m 21 and having to deal with the death of people you love is an enournous burden. I know what you’re going through.

For a month I cried myself to sleep when my mom died. Every day, nothing but pain. Every day, put on a fake smile and pretend I was okay. Every day, feeling like a part of me was missing and coming to the realization that it wasn’t going to be filled, was the hardest thing I’ve ever dealt with.

Know that you’re not alone. Know that these feelings are natural. Know that even though you might not have her to hug and talk to, the love and care she had for you will never go away.

I will be writing a post soon about my experience here on the support wall. Feel free to read it and it may help you process some of the feelings you’re having. Hold fast my friend, Ryan

1 Like