Cinderella Syndrome?

Ive been living with my step mother for 8 years now. 8 years of feeling like everything that goes wrong in our house is my fault because I’m being told it is. Every time i go to therapy, the guy says “2 more years and you’re out”. But i dont know if i can make it 2 more years. Hoiw am i supposed to live for 2 more years with the burden of a dysfunctrional family on top of me. I’ve been told that its generally the people who turn into scapegoats that don’t feel like the term applies to them, so I’m not sure. Ive been living with this hateful person who takes everything she can away from me. I can’t take two more years of this.

Hi, so I really think you should stop blaming yourself for what happens in your family, and using that time and energy telling yourself that you won’t become like her. Try to fight your frustration and transform it in confidence… you can be a better person than she is and you will…you can make these two years your practice time. You’ll be out in less time than you think. I believe in you hold on

1 Like

@fightthequeerfight

No one should have to live everyday being told “everything” is their fault and feeling like they are “less than”. That is too heavy a weight to bear, and I’m sorry you are having to go through this. And then to have a therapist tell you that you only have “2 more years and you’re out” doesn’t really help you in your current situation. I can imagine your frustration. You want someone to say or do something to ease the burden. You want to get out of the situation. And yet you’re coming up empty handed.

Is there a trusted adult you can confide in about what’s happening? Or somewhere you can go, such as a friend’s house, where you can go when you need a break from the pressure at home?

You are strong. Keep reaching out. You aren’t alone.

1 Like