Court Hearing for Injunction against Harasser, Defamer and Stalker

I’ve got a Court Hearing for Injunction against my Harasser and Stalker early next month. Bit nervous about it. Need to travel quite far and stay overnight. He’s also been Arrested and Interviewed by the Police and will hopefully been Charged in the coming weeks.

Oh man! I can understand why you are nervous. I wish you the best of luck! I know how stressful court is! I had to go through court for my divorce and that was so anxiety inducing. So dealing with a harasser and stalker I can only imagine how nerve wracking that is! I hope it goes well for you and that there is peace and resolve.

1 Like

hey friend , I wish you luck in this . hope everything turns out for the best . i know this is scary now but things will be alright . Keep on fighting my friend !
-Ashley

1 Like

Hey friend, I understand what that feels like. The anxiety of not only court and the travel but having to see them there. The best thing I can honesty say as a bit of advice is what helped me through my PFA court hearings and my court dates that I still have to deal with. Keep your head up high. Do not back down and honesty… it’s okay to not have to look at your stalker. It’s okay to be scared and nervous. Everything is going to be fine and once it’s over you will honesty look back and wonder why you were nervous in the first place.

Your stronger then you know because you spoke up about it. And remember don’t ever let anyone tell you to back down from any charges. Your safety is what matters.

Stay strong love! Your strong!

Best of luck!

~Nati

1 Like

Thanks very much guys

It went terrible. I was made to feel like the perpetrator, not the victim. They even laughed at me out loud before the Judge entered the court room, talked loudly over the Judge three times and turned to me and tried to verbally intimidate and bully me. I refused to respond to them. My hands were shaking from frustration, anger and stress during and after the hearing for days. It’s too complicated to go into hear, but basically the Defendant manipulated the Judge and had submitted so-called evidence and not provided myself with a copy (I am pretty sure some of this was fabricated.) I am now having to apply for the Judgement to be Set Aside. Fortunately, I got the Police involved earlier, so hopefully he will soon be Charged with Online Stalking and Harassment.

Good news at last! The Judge read my summary evidence and the Court Clerk put in a word for me after I emailed a long complaint about how the Hearing went. We’ve now got an all-day Hearing set for Monday next, 29th July. Been busy reducing the evidence into clear sections. Hotel also given me reduced rate for accommodation right next to golf course.

2 Likes

Hey there Champagne,

Thank you for sharing this here…it’s heartbreakingly common. Aside from sending so much love and courage your way, I might suggest seeing if there is a Victim Services agency through your police department. I am a VS volunteer here in Canada, so I’m not sure what the equivalent is internationally, but if you feel safe asking the officer in charge for any community connections or resources, it might be helpful. They can quite often connect you to support through the legal system, emotional support/counselling and might even help covering the costs associated with the hearing.

Let me know if I can be of any help…

Love,
Laurelinoblivion <3

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Laurel.

I have some support from Victim Support here in England and also a best friend I can speak to about it all every other day most weeks.

It’s all in hand now.

I’ve literally just finished compiling my three folders of indexed and section evidence, legal research, victim impact and witness statements, etc. Fortunately, I know the UK Law on Defamation, Harassment and Online Stalking very well (I was planning to become a McKenzie Friend and I still might be doing that.) The Judges are often ignorant of the details of Law and Precedent (Case) Law.

My Court Fees are all paid by the Government as I am on long-term Disability Benefits;

All of my Costs should also be reimbursed me by the Defendant at the end of the Civil Injunction Hearing (£702 + £3,000 for 100 hours of my time at just £15 per hour.)

I am acting as a Litigant-in-Person again and I have therefore provided a fair number of highly relevant and essential Statements in advance that I can then read out in Open Court.

I am also asking the Judge to give an Indefinite Civil Injunction or a Court Order/Judgment that the Defendant must never post or message about me Online ever again.

Wow… so heartbroken to hear what you’ve been going through. You deserve to feel comfortable and safe at all times and anything that tells you that you can’t be is a threat to your freedom and needs to be fixed by whatever the police and legal system can do.
In my thoughts and hoping for justice to be served.

1 Like

Thank you very much, friend!

Sorry - I forgot to update with any news on this…

At the second court hearing, I made an offer to the Defendant for him to accept a two-way Civil Undertaking, which - after some discussion and a phone call to his mum - he accepted my proposal (effectively a Civil Injunction as it was agreed and ratified by an Circuit Honour Judge.) I asked for an Indefinite period of time, but got two years, which is a lot better than the usual, almost pointless six months.