Dealing with change

so i recently moved 12 hours away from where i was raised and grew up and attempted suicide multiple times. doing so brought a lot of change like all the stress of my past i was holding onto left and i get a chance to start over, but i feel like all the change in my life happening all at once i to much my anxiety is acting up and so is my depression.

1 Like

I understand this more than life will ever know. But the fact you are away from that environment now is good and will help you. Keep posting on here, reach out to the community. Change is less scary with others around you.

Hold fast
Kayla

1 Like

Hey @lost,

I, too, tend to get spikes in anxiety when I uproot myself and move places. What you’re going through is completely normal; you aren’t alone! It’s different for everyone, but for me, it usually takes a few weeks for my anxiety symptoms to completely fade away. For you, it might take a few days. Keep holding on - you got this! We’re here for you. :slight_smile:

-Eric

1 Like

Hey @lost,

I completely understand.
I recently moved 16 hours away from home and my anxiety and depression went crazy. I can tell you this, it’s hard but it gets better.
One of the main things that helped me was getting into a routine. Once I fixed my room, figured out work and found a coffee shop I liked, I felt more at ease. It took time though.

Give it some time. Make it to tomorrow, then make it the next day, and so on.

I believe in you!

Hold Fast,
-SJ

Dear @lost,

I sympathize with you. Growing up , my parents used to move me from city to city because of their job and I would always end up being the weird new girl- I even had to face bullying at some point because I was coming from another part of the country. Growing up like that sucks- inconssistency translates into a difficult adulthood where you tend to choose chaotic people and events as to more stable and calm situations and that can affect one’s mental health.

But there is one good thing I learned out of this. And that is- change is part of human nature, is part of ourselves. And the ability to adapt to change is in our DNA. I understand how attached you must be to your roots and I don’t expect you to adapt so easily. But bear in mind that sometimes change is good and the idea of home is not necessarly a place but more the company you keep, your heart and your state of mind. Know that you are strong for moving out and life will give you new and exciting opportunities and adventures with each change you are going to make. It’s not easy but you have to be open to both bad AND the good.

Stay strong and know that you are not alone.

All love,

Soda

1 Like

thanks to everyone that replied it means a lot to me. I will keep you guys updated on how things are going and new and exciting things going on. thanks for the support and love.

1 Like

just an update i went out to buy a new outfit to go out this weekend and realized my depression and self image issues popped up and then my car broke again and it just seems like today is a sign im not suppose to not be happy and i shouldn’t be here.

I’m sorry - but you’re okay. Cars can be fixed. If you like your outfit - go for it, you don’t need an excuse to wear things you love.
Focus on your mental health and you can get through this.

Hold fast
Kayla