Depression is practically controlling me and I cant keep on suffering like this

I have a lot going against me right now and its wearing me thin. I lost my (step)grandfather 2 days ago and me attending his funeral and going to calling hours doesn’t feel right. I lost my grandmother, his wife, to cancer 5/23/14 and ever since then I hardly saw him. It was almost as if my parents didn’t want to make an effort to see him. I didn’t try in reality. I didn’t try hard enough and he passed away before I could tell him what he meant.
When my grandmother was going through chemo for pancreatic cancer (which is pretty much a death sentence at any age) he was there for her, and he tried his best and more. It was one of few instances of what I consider to be true love. Seeing him pass before I could really tell him what he meant to me hurts a lot. I have horrendous stress from school and other bullshit within some friend groups. I’m barely holding on at this point and I don’t know what will happen if I finally let go.

Hey I havent lost a loved one in my life and for that I am very thankful but I do know what it feels like to not have hope and to be holding on by a thread. And when it comes to your friends try taking it one step at a time and breath have you tried going to a therapist and or talking to your family.

1 Like

Hey @StHaTaDi-Ethan - I’m so sorry to hear that you’re going through a difficult time right now with the loss of loved ones. Have you considered seeing a grief counselor to learn how to healthily process the emotions that you’re experiencing? I’ve never seen someone pertaining to grief, specifically, but I’m sure it would help!! Hold fast. We believe in you, friend.

1 Like