Depression is relentless

I’ve been depressed since August 2018. Hospitalized 3 times. Not able to work. I feel hopeless everyday. Please pray for me and offer any encouragement you may have.

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here. I’m sorry you are hurting right now. I understand how hard it is to battle depression. So know that you are definitely not alone in how you feel. I know a lot of us here have been there. I think one of the most important things is continuing to talk about how you feel and reaching out. Keeping it all in and isolating will do more harm than good in the long run. So thank you for taking the time to reach out here! You have a community that loves you and wants to support you. Know that I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Hold Fast,
Hannah Rhodes

I don’t know if it’s any consolation, but I am now 52 and I’ve been Depressed since I was at Primary School. It got a bit worse at Secondary School, even worse at College, then turned into Bi-Polar and Chronic Fatigue (mostly Sleep Deprivation). It wasn’t until I was 45 that I was diagnosed and put on the righ medication. I still suffer from Depression and Mania, but sleeping - albeit not always very well - has made a big difference. Personally, most of my Depression is Situational Depression and some it is Neurological (Psychological) and also Hormonal.

Medication, counselling and therapy can all help reduce the Depression, but getting out and meeting good and kind people will help even more (I am talking to myself there too!)

Hey friend,

I’m sorry about your situation.

I’ve had depression for about 7 years now (I am 20) and it stinks. But I can tell you, even though it’s stereotypical, it DOES get better. Your depression might not ever “go away,” but there are lots of things you can do to improve your situation like going to therapy, getting on medication, excersise, and surrounding yourself with good people. Those first three things on the list may seem daunting but be proud because, by posting here, you are already creating a community for yourself of people who want to help. We are here for you.

Hold fast <3

love,
sophic

Hi friend,

I know the battle of depression. I’ve battled it almost my entire life. I haven’t told many people in my life and nobody here, but I also was hospitalized fairly recently. It was just a few months ago. Things got really rough and my counselor sent me straight to the hospital from our session. I wasn’t in a good place. It’s not the first time I’ve had to be. So you are not alone.

I know that hopelessness. The struggle. My heart goes out to you my friend. I hate seeing you hurt so much. And I hope that you are able to find the people and resources that you need that can help lift you out of all of this hurt that you are currently going through right now.

I hope that you also know that it’s okay if you have to be hospitalized. It’s good to be in a safe and healthy place where nurses and doctors can provide a place for you to recover and just take a step back. It’s good to reach out if that’s what you need. So I hope that you don’t beat yourself up for that.

I care for you friend. I don’t know you but I love you as a person. I don’t know you but I still want you to be okay. This whirl wind that depression sends us through I know. We are here to be a support and a friend. Guidance. You are important. You matter and everything you feel is valid. Okay?

Hold fast. And please keep talking to us if you need. You do not have to go at this alone.

1 Like

Thank you for your vulnerability