Everything i do...i just feel like i keep making mistakes

So today, i have a conversation with my manager that i am still struggling at work due to my skills. However, i manage to break my outer shell. Its my first part time job i ever have but i feel like i’m losing it due to my performances especially i still have school … I somehow feel frustrated and sad that i can’t even improve. Life is really a struggle…i feel like it really does prevent myself to be happy.

Aww, I’m sorry. That sounds really frustrating! Especially when you are toggling school. Maybe you could just ask your manager what you could do to help improve and ask for general guidance. We all learn somewhere. If it’s your first time, it can take adjusting but it doesn’t mean you can’t or won’t ever get better. Skills are gained through practice, patience, effort and time. So just try your best and do what you can to get better where you are struggling and in time it’ll improve.

But I’m sorry it has you feeling so frustrated and unhappy. How you feel is perfectly valid, just know that.

Hold fast my friend. Lots of love :heart:

2 Likes

@Jake_11534, welcome to the world of work my friend!

It is definitely a struggle with a first ever job, especially when you are balancing both work and school; that in itself is its own issue, because you need to make sure you take time for yourself to keep your mind and body in check.

In terms of work performance, especially in your first job ever, you are absolutely going to struggle at first. Everybody does. There is no need (and no point) in getting down on yourself or beating yourself up about why you didn’t do this one way or do that another way. This is all part of the learning process, these are what you know as growing pains! Much like how you came here to HeartSupport for help, it’s ok to ask questions and to try and get help at work, in fact it should be encouraged for you to ask questions. Take me as an example, I’ve struggled mightily in the 2nd year of my career, and rather than seeking out help or clarifications I chose to pretend like I’ve had everything figured out and now I’m in a position where I’m struggling after having been in this field for one year already!

There are also cases where you are handed something at work that you don’t really have the expertise and ability to carry out, and when you try to seek out help and ask questions you’re met with nothing; that is not your fault, and anyone willing to accuse you of that is not worth working for or with.

Recognize what you are in control of and let go of what you are not. It really does get better friend, just like @anon17277947 said, practice, patience, effort, and time are all key.

Hold fast.

1 Like