Extremely nervous

Hey… I had a best friend over the internet when I was younger for 5 years. We’d skype constantly, and were always super open and close with each other. However, eventually he started drinking and got really emotionally abusive towards me and would tell me all of these horrible things about myself for doing nothing wrong. I finally had had enough and said no, I blocked him even though it tore me to shreds. He tried to come back into my life with other accounts months and even a year later, but everytime I blocked him again. 3 years later, here I am. He messaged me again out of no where, and I’m going through an extremely hard time in my life right now and all I want to do is let him back in even though I know I shouldn’t. It’s so hard to say no, I don’t know what to do. I just want to cry until it’s all over. I feel kind of happy to see his messages and it’s disgusting me. I should just block him because all he’ll do is hurt me and say he’ll change. It’s just so hard.

@PikachuNerd Hey there,

First, I want to say how strong you are for continuing to block him and set and keep boundaries. It is so important to do that. It would have been so easy for you to let him back into your life, but you didn’t. Know that we are here for you and want to support and encourage you when you need it. It sounds like you know he isn’t good for your well being. So, the fact that you have stayed strong and kept that boundary is really important. I know it is hard, especially after knowing him for so long, but you can do this and find support and encouragement from the right people. We are here for you and we believe in you! Stay strong.

Hannah Rhodes

1 Like

Thank you beyond words. :heart:

1 Like