Failing at life

You know that you are failing at life when all you are good at is upsetting the people who car about you the most. I say this because every single time I seem to be moving forward I manage to say or do something to screw everything up. It makes me wonder what is even the point of being on this earth anymore. I know it would upset people if I was gone but it feels like it would be less than the constant pain I’m always putting them through.

1 Like

@Terry

I’m sorry you are not in a good season. I am feeling the same way. We are stronger than we think. Don’t give up. It sounds cliche, but it is true. I encourage you to talk to your loved ones about what you are going through. Thank you for sharing. You are important.

I certainly don’t feel very strong or important right now. I just don’t really know how much longer I can do this for

1 Like

@Terry

It’s okay. I’m glad you are sharing your post.

I’m sorry that you are having such a hard time right now with your loved ones. Is there any way to have a gentle heart to heart with them to express how you are feeling? I know that isn’t always easy or possible for people.

Sometimes it also helps to filter out our social lists of people who aren’t supportive of us and bring us down. Where it’s possible. Surround yourself with people who support you and what you do. Bring you up.

Maybe a therapist could help you work through this and help offer guidance.

You are so important and valued even if these people are making you feel otherwise and your feelings DO matter. They ARE valid. :heart:

Sending so much love

1 Like

I would love to have a heart to heart with them but apparently if I were to do that I will be trying to make them feel guilty about how I am feeling.
I do have a psychiatrist that I see regularly as I am being treated for type 2 bipolar. Even though I see her regularly I still have trouble dealing with stuff.
Right now I feel like I am slipping further and further away from what means the world to me. I can’t see myself coming out the other side of it

When you say psychiatrist do you mean someone you see for a few minutes that helps manage your medication regularly? Or do you mean a psychologist as in a therapist that you see for an hour, regularly?

I was also seeing a psychiatrist regularly to help manage my medications for anxiety, bipolar and ADHD. But these sessions were only about 10-15 minutes.

They are only part of the help. A therapist pairs well with having a psychiatrist. As one handles medication and the other balances it all out by being a place to talk and offers guidance and a safe place as you get through things.

If that’s what you meant, ignore me (: But if not, having both can really work wonders! Psychologists have a little more time to sit down and listen and work with you.

Anyway, I’m sorry friend. I truly hope it gets better for you. We are here to listen and offer support. :heart:

I was seeing both for a while but only seeing psychiatrist now and your right it is really just to manage my medication. I would love to go back and see a psychologist again but I just can’t afford to. I can barely afford the psychiatrist as it is.
I feel like I’m fighting a losing battle that never ends. I have been going downhill all day today and if I wasn’t at work who knows what would happen

1 Like

I know the feeling. Since my divorce I lost my health insurance so I can’t see either one of them right now and had to cut my medication off cold turkey. It has really been playing rough with me.

So I can relate to these feelings. Its been really hard and I have a lot of days where I feel very similar to you.

Hopefully we both will be able to find a way to heal from our hurting

Thank you for talking I might be starting to pick up the smallest bit bit let’s see how long it lasts.

1 Like