Feeling so unless and unwanted

Hello, I’m a 25 year old female, I live in Canada and I’ve been struggling with depression for over 5 years now (that I know of, could be longer). But it’s gotten to a point now that I think of suicide almost everyday.

I grew up in a religious household and family and I’ve been struggling with my sexuality (I’m pretty sure I’m bisexual, at least that’s what I tell people). I came out to my mom a few years ago on my birthday, but she didn’t take it very well. She was upset and told my grandmother, who already disagreed with the path in live I was choosing for my career and already strongly disliked me. I wasn’t her “perfect little christen granddaughter” that she wanted. Her hatred for me spread to the rest of my family after coming out, so I had no one. I have no friends, so I was forced out on the streets with a 2 week notice from my mother. At the time, I was still going to college, so financially, I was struggling, I didn’t even have a job at the time. The only income I had was my student loan. I had to live in a very unsafe neighbourhood for a few years. I couldn’t even go outside past dark without risking my life… or worse.

I barely spoke to my mom in these years. But after having to deal with a terrible stalker, I finally reached out to her again. She finally let me come back home, but at a cost. I have to help her with the bills and pay for my own food and other needs. She feels more like a shitty roommate than a mother.

While at college, I was taking 3D animation and graphic design. Finding a job in that field has been a struggle. I work a shitty part-time job, only 3 days a week, where I’m standing for 8 hours straight. I have plantar fasciitis, so working those long hours is tough for me and I always feel like shit physically everyday cause of it. I can’t find a better job and it’s taking a toll on me financially and mentally.

I just recently breakup from a very toxic and abusive long distance relationship 2 weeks ago. Even though he was the worst person sometimes, he was the only person I had to talk too, so I put up with it for so long… And on good days with him, they were the best days for me. He helped me forget my real life.

I have no friends, no family and now no boyfriend… I’m in so much debt, I don’t even know where to begin and I can’t keep up with the payments… I don’t know what to do with my life anymore. I’m just a burden to the people around me and even a burden to myself now. I have no place in this world anymore. Nothing worth value. I haven’t done anything with my life yet and I don’t see myself going anywhere. I just don’t see the point. I haven’t even touched art since I graduated, and that was the only thing that kept me going in high school. It only brings me pain and sadness now.

If I die, all this loneliness and pain will go away. My loans will go away and my family won’t have to deal with me anymore. Just a mistake forgotten.

Hey Laxunali

Im terrable that grown up in a shitty background, that fucked what you family did and it shame that they treat you like this. First all, there nothing wrong at all, you seem like movitated person and you passion in art. Thier nothing wrong with you sexualiity, and you should not let you family shame you. I also have done graphic desing as career, i honestly have not been doing anything with it since i graduate college( it took 5 years to get an assoicate degree) it suck, I have dislexia and feel useless myself and loser, because live with my parent and i dont have a girlfriend. I also grow in an mess up religious background ( my grandmama is pain my ass too, she also very judge mental) But remeber you are important, and you not feel like an burden. I hear in canada you free health care, if you can try maybe therpy or a group meeting. It mental health very hard thing to go through, you not alone in this. For fact you still alive , even thou you may tollaly alone, show that very strong. You have a lot strenght that I could ever have. I know it not going change over night, but keep fighting, you can get through this.

Also, no matter what keep doing art ( even if you dont make money) it very important to you and it okay feel you dont what to do it sometime. In addition, try look into yoga or meditional, it been helping me alot. Finallly you check videos on Alan Watts. he was philosopher that study bubbuism and hinduism. His words alone are worth a listen. check out his vidoe on depsression. Remeber you always come on her and let it all out. Please try take care of yourself and find peace.

2 Likes

Hey there! I totally understand what you’ve been going through with your sexuality. I have been questioning mine for around a year now, and I’m still not sure. I’ve told people (not my family) and a few of them didnt take it well either. So I moved on. I realized that if those people wouldn’t accept me for that, telhey weren’t people o wanted to associate with. If you need any advice, feel free to message me any time and I’ll gladly talk. Hold fast,
Rhett

1 Like

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out and telling us about whats going on. You are a strong person for talking. I have dealt with similar situations in High School, barely scraped by, living in a religious place as a homosexual. I understand 100% what youre going through.

You are not a burden. You are making an investment for the future. College isn’t something that gives immediate pay off, you go there so your future is better. You are valued by those around you, even if you don’t see it yourself. I hope you realize your worth. You are so strong for going through what you are, I can not imagine the struggles youre going through, mentally from school and family, to the physical pain from your feet. You are strong for not only being vocal about your issues, but for being able to take what life is dishing.

Ive had plenty of toxic relationships, and i can say with 100% certainty, you’ll feel better when you realize that your life WILL improve because of it. HE may have been the only one to listen in the past, but now you have us, HeartSupport, if you need to talk.

I still deal with self worth issues, I saw a YouTube video from someone in this community that I would highly recommend watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc7sqchwWig

You will make it through this.

Hold fast,

J

1 Like

Hey Lacunali,

First I want to say welcome to the community, and to the support wall, and we are so glad you are here! I want you to know that you are loved, and you are not alone. And we will be here to walk along side you, and help in anyway that we can. Please don’t give up, and please continue to reach out.

No matter you sexuality, gender, religion, or whatever you still deserve life and love and happiness, and if others tell you differently, ignore them because they are wrong. It’s hard when people you love and care about don’t accept your life choices, or don’t support you, and I’m sorry that you are going through that. But please don’t change yourself for anyone.

I’m sorry that your mom kicked you out at short notice, and put you in very bad circumstances, and even now after letting you come back, it still isn’t the best. I encourage you if possible to just sit down and talk to your mom about your concerns, and if you can’t do that I encourage you to try to maybe find another job, even if it’s not using your degree, and save up money to get your own place, if that is an option. Also if you get another job that will help you make those payments on time as well.

It seems that you feel so alone (“i have no friends, no family and now no boyfriend”), but these things don’t define. They don’t make you any less lovable or valuable. You are not a burden at all. We want to be here for you, and walk along side you. Even when you feel like you have no place in this world, I can promise you that you have a place here!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It
Monkey

1 Like