Getting help/ reaching out

Hey guys. So I’ve just told my mum how I feel and talked about topics that I have wanted to talk about, but was scared that I would get judged for it. My mum is going to book a doctors appointment and a counsellor for me because she feels like it’s a step in the right direction. I’m sick of feeling the way I feel and I’m going to try my best to overcome what ever is going on. (Just a little update)

2 Likes

So proud of you for speaking out and letting your mum know what’s going on, and letting her help you. It’s no doubt scary, but I agree with your mum that getting a doctor’s appointment is a step in the right direction. What you have done is huge, and you should take a moment to be proud of yourself for reaching out and seeking help in your struggles. I’m super happy for you. :heart:

@Hayley

Thank you so much for keeping this! That’s great that you’re going to see someone. I know it can be really scary sometimes, but I would just encourage you to be super open with whoever you’re seeing, but also, if you’re not comfortable with the counselor you’re seeing there are always more that you can try. Don’t try and push it if you’re not comfortable talking to that person. I’m so happy to hear you’re going to seek healing and help. I know it was the best decision I made for my mental health.

Hold fast,
Hannah Prelsey.

P.S. let us know how it goes!

Recently in the same place as you, just told my mom and she’s trying to set me up with a therapist :blue_heart:

Hi friend,
I’m so proud of you. I wish I had your bravery. I think that you are taking a huge step and this will be really good for you! Don’t be afraid to hold things back. Tell the counselor everything that’s on your mind, it’s hard, but worth it, I promise. You are so strong. I’m so so happy for you, you have no idea! I admire your strength and bravery for talking to your mom about this, that must have been a really hard thing for you to do. Hope therapy goes well for you friend.
Stay Strong