Getting used to being "The Loner" in real life

Is it wrong for me to getting used to being alone? I mean, it’s not like I’m obligated to have a boyfriend or girlfriend really. It’s like, my friends are getting some girls or boys here and there. I feel to be a floating cloud or a flying hawk. I didn’t care if they have a partner. As long as I’m there by there side as a friend in need or even hangout. I feel like “I’m just there.” But, I’ve accepted that this is how it’s gonna be. Because I just have two priorities getting a partner myself ain’t one of them. I’m mostly just focus on school and personal work. Is it wrong that I think that way? Wondering, is that normal for most people to think that way at a certain young age. Especially, a teenage.

@Lonewolf1997

Hi, thank you for sharing. I don’t think that it’s weird or not normal. Everyone has different priorities and thats completely okay. I think that it is important to just make sure you’re happy and healthy. It’s important to focus on maintaining your own mental health. If you are happy with where you are now and you’re happy with school and personal work then I don’t think you should feel obligated to pursue a partner. It seems like you are happy where you are. Remember, you don’t have to do what everyone else is doing just because they’re doing it. Focus on doing what makes you happy.

Hope that helped,
Hold Fast,
Hannah Presley

1 Like

@Lonewolf1997 I don’t believe it is wrong to be comfortable in your current situation right now, no. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being single and not actively seeking to change that, it’s completely healthy and allows you to focus on other things just like you mention, as well as exploring other ways that love is expressed like through family and friendship. What I would not want for you is to shut yourself off to the possibility of finding love either, because it can certainly find you in ways you wouldn’t expect, especially when your focus to better yourself shows your worth and quality to the world around you.

Hold fast friend.

1 Like

@Lonewolf1997

I don’t see anything wrong with having your own motivations. Finding a relationship is not the end-all, be-all that it’s made out to be. There’s so much to explore in life that it doesn’t make sense to pursue anything that doesn’t capture your heart and mind. Definitely keep yourself open to love when it comes your way, though.

1 Like