God why won't you help me?

What do I do when I can’t fight anymore? When I look to God as I lay on the ground crushed under the weight of trauma, ptsd, anxiety, and depression but it just seems like he lays there with me and does nothing. I know he’s been bringing things to the surface to heal them but this process feels like too much to handle. Help.

There’s a poem that’s framed in the church I grew up going to, and I always think of it in situations like this:

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
“Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You’d walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don’t understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me.”

He whispered, “My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you.”

I don’t know if this helps at all, but hopefully it can help change your perspective a little bit. I totally get where you’re coming from. But you even mentioned yourself that you know God is bringing things to the surface to heal them. He’s there, he is with you, and he cares about your struggles. He will never abandon you.

The process may seem like it’s too much if you’re trying to do it alone. But you don’t have to fight alone. Just posting here and sharing this with us shows so much strength and willingness to open your situation up to support from others. You can do this. We are here with you and we truly believe in you. Never hesitate to reach out. Much love <3

3 Likes

Hey friend,
don’t worry God’s with you. I know the healing process is hard but friend it’s through the pain we become stronger. He’s always working, even when you can’t see Him. Theres a little quote that says God works behind the scenes. Meaning, even when we can’t feel or see Him in our lives, He’s there, working out things for our good. You’re doing great friend. I know it’s hard. But i promise He’s there. Doing things you can’t even imagine, all for your good. He’s as close as the mention of His Name. Doing so much for you friend. You won’t believe what He has planned for you. :heart_eyes: Just be patient, you’re healing.
praying for you <3

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about God. I know the reason you’re suffering is because from my experience all the best things are difficult, hard and sometimes broken.

Nothing Good has ever come from taking it easy or having it all so easy.

All the great things come from some kind of trauma whether good or bad.

You hurt. We all hurt. Why? Something Great is happening.

Be strong.

2 Likes

Dude SAME. I am going through the exact same process right now. I’m trying to work through a lot of trauma myself, and I also struggle with PTSD, anxiety and depression. There are times when I dont want to fight either. And there are times when I feel he is doing nothing. I dont know how to explain my thoughts, but where I am,in,my experience, He is still helping you. I mean you have made it through 100% of your bad days. Youre strong and you have his arms right there. I think He allows us to sometimes fully feel our pain and brokenness because that is where true strength and charactor comes from. It is found in the dark and brought up from the ashes. Yes, it is hard right now, but your story is one of power, survival and strength, and you’re amazing, because everything that has tried to take you down has not won! While it would be awesome to have God come down and rescue us from,life, which he does sometimes, I think more than not he allows us to feel what we are going through because of what it can create in us if we let it. What Ive been through has sucked a lot, but the character, wisdom, joy, peace and life it has brought once I processed and went through healing in counseling and stuff, is incredibly beautiful and something I wouldnt trade for anything, they are so valuable money cant buy them. I think there is much merit and goodness is working through our stuff. Hey if you ever need to chat, hit me up! I hope to see you thrive, and I hope the pain eases soon.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your encouragement. So grateful for this community.

1 Like