Grieving before an upcoming death

A day ago I was told my grandmother was fine after she had a small fall, and now I’m being told that they’ve stopped all treatment and she’s expected to pass today or tomorrow. I’ve got so much going on emotionally before this along with school, and I have no idea how I can get through this one. She has always been someone I’ve been close to since I was little, and now the reality of I’m loosing her is setting in. I don’t know what to do anymore with anything I’m faced with. My life seems to be a never ending chain of hurt, emotion, and confusion. Please help…

Hi friend,
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I hope you know that we’re here for you and you are loved. Thank you for feeling comfortable enough to open up to us about this situation.
The only sort of thing advice I can give is that you just love on her and spend time with her. Think about the good times you’ve had with here and just thank her for having a positive impact on your life. Let her know that you love her and just be there for her in this time. Feel free to keep telling us how you feel and how this entire thing is affecting you. I promise we’ll be here for you and we will listen and comfort you as best that we can.
I get how you feel when you say you don’t know what to do anymore with anything you’re faced with. That’s really hard to deal with and I want you to know you aren’t alone. I deal with this myself, and I want to encourage you to come to us when you’re hurting. I may not be able to take away all of your problems but I’ll be more than happy to listen to you and help you through this.
You will get through this, I promise. You are so strong and brave, my friend. This will pass, I promise. I know it seems like things can’t possibly turn around and get better, but I promise you that it will. Just don’t give up. I believe in you.
Stay strong, friend. you got this.

1 Like