Hi heartsupport wall, I'd like to introduce myself

Hi everyone. I found this little pocket of love through the youtube channel, which lead me to the livestreams, which lead to the forum, since it seems like the chat seems to hang out here too.

My top 5 favorite bands are Coheed, Issues, Fightstar, Orphaned Land and Swallow the Sun. (Honorable mentions to Taken, Pvris and Midtown). I love forums, I feel really comfortable chatting and conversing in this format. I’ve been on them since 2005 holds up spork

My issues are anxiety and gender dysphoria. I am seeing a therapist for both. I feel uncomfortable in my own skin because I’m really tall and burly and I’ve always wanted to be sm0L and cuddle-able (even before I figured out I’m trans). I feel like I missed out on some essential teen girl experiences because I spent those years trying and failing to be a teen boy. I feel like my window to transition has passed, because didn’t realize I’m trans until right before my 27th birthday, even though I know that’s absolutely not true. I feel unattractive, even though I have average looks (for a GUY, though). I am currently working to overcome these negative thoughts and become a happy, confident woman.

Thanks for reading,
:blue_heart: :white_circle: :heartpulse: dit2

1 Like

Welcome @dit2! We’re glad you’re here, and I hope you find a sense of safety and refuge within this amazing community. :slight_smile: Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you feel like you need someone to talk to!

1 Like

Welcome friend! I hope you’ll have a great stay (but I’m sure you’ll have!)
Happy to have you here with us!

pioggia :sunflower:

Welcome. BE strong. You are strong and will need to be strong mentally & physically especially if you plan to go through transitioning.
From what I understand is that it is never too late (though it can be too early) to transition.
I think though you should look for acceptance, not from others, but from yourself. You can’t reasonably expect others to accept you if you can’t accept yourself. (Note: I’m not talking about your gender. Just who you are because if you don’t accept yourself now then it won’t matter if you transition because you won’t accept yourself even then.)
Date yourself always. Love & Accept yourself. You are worth more than you assume. (I do this myself everyday.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.