I am a terrible daughter

i never do anything right. I’m terrible at everything I do and I deserve to be treated the way I am by my family, especially my mom. My mom is constantly down my throat, making me feel bad, making me angry,sad,and frustrated. I feel all of these things,but at the same time, I can’t help but think that I’m to blame. What if she treats me like this for a reason? What if it’s because I am a terrible daughter? I know I lose my temper sometimes and can let my actions get the best of me,but I really do believe I am a terrible daughter. My parents are paying so much money for me to go to school, I don’t deserve it. They’ve done a lot for me, and I don’t deserve it. I don’t deserve to be loved. I cry constantly because I’m so confused over how my mom treats me and the way that affects me but then I think about how much they’ve done and I end up feeling bad for thinking about the way my mom has abused me. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to think. Maybe they favor my sister because she isn’t me,because she isn’t lazy like my mom says I am. Maybe I am a terrible daughter for having breakdowns,even though when I do try to open up to my mom, I only receive nothing but denial. Maybe I am a terrible daughter for shutting her out. I feel so helpless and like I can’t do anything right. I truly do anything I can to help out, I help my brother with homework whenever I’m home and my mom can’t do it, I cook dinner, I clean, I constantly tell my family I love them. I love them so much. I love my mom so much but I don’t get that in return. She has hurt me so badly and so deeply I don’t know what else to do. I can’t do anything but think about how much of a burden I am to her and the rest of my family.

1 Like

You are not a terrible daughter, you are none of these bad things.

You are a wonderful daughter. A great friend. A great collegue. A great person.

I used to think these same things a lot when my parents would snap at me or yell at me/ just be frustrated with me. I’d resort to “well screw me I’m just the worst”. I’d take it out on myself and not in good ways.

Find good things you enjoy and do them. Mine it painting and drawing but when I am in these times I make physical art instead of digital.

We are here to listen. We believe in you. You are not alone.

Just take a step back, remember to breath, self care.

You are loved. You are not a terrible daughter.

Love,
Lys

Nicole,

Beautiful, I wish I could put into words how much I love you, how much you mean to me, and how much you’ve done for me without you even knowing. Seeing you excited every time I come in to stream, means the world to me. You listening to me in discord tonight, and being there for me, means the absolute flipping world to me, more then you will ever know. I love you so much, you are so strong, and you are perfect. <3

You are great, you’re amazing, you’re not a failure, you are loved and you deserve love. I am sorry that you have this relationship with your mother. I have similar issues with my mother and I’m sorry that you are going through this, remember that I love you and I will always be here for you no matter what! I love you so much, and it hurts me to see you hurting!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey

Nicole,

You are NOT a terrible daughter. You DESERVE love. You DESERVE kindness. You are WORTHY.

It sounds like you are in a really bad situation at home and I would encourage you to talk to someone you trust about what’s going on.

In the meantime you are safe here, you are loved here, and you are a wonderful person. I can tell how much you care about your family. It was very brave of you to open up here and share.

Hold fast.

Hey friend, you are not a terrible daughter.

I thought the same thing during my teenage years. Everyday was arguing, yelling and stuff (I also had a huge rage problem, so that counts too), but it’s completely normal. I’m not the type to say it in words, but I know my family love me and they know I loved them. We rarely see each other, but we still family. Maybe your mother isn’t the type, the same way as I am. Just keep doing what you do: you are great. Bad days can happen, arguments are ok and sometimes we yell. The truth is: people can’t live under the same roof for more than 3 days without discussing. So when that happens: remember it’s ok.

Love you

I need some help i feel like I am a terrible daughter because i yell at my dad and give him a hard time plus he is a single father. I let my anger out on him and i will hit him sometimes…i just wish i could be better. I do make my grandmother cry but when she does i feel like i have no feelings at all like i am emotionless but i dont know why i am like this. I sometimes wish i was taken away by children services because how i treat my dad ,grandmother and siblings, i treat them like crap but that why i need some advice so please help me… i just am so stressed and depressed so if any one have advice i will do anything to be a better daughter. thank you for reading this and im new at this so yeah…-caitlin

1 Like