I am hopeful and today is one of the good days

I hate that it takes me weeks, sometimes months, to get out of my depressive funks and back to confidence and productivity. I am a young, talented professional but that’s often eclipsed by feelings of unworthiness and self-doubt.

It’s such a tough balancing act of trying to live each day like it’s my last but also trying to avoid being the hare in this turtle race. But I can always find comfort in being mindful of my breath, which helps mitigate the uncertainty.

I’ve been holding out on sharing my thoughts on here for when I’m having one of my episodes—you know, one of the unbearably awful days. But today is one of the really good days and I thought it’d be better to share that instead.

Much love to all of you.

1 Like

Hi, Friend

I know that feeling. There are times where my worst days last only a few days. Sometimes it last weeks. Other times it last months and there’s never any prediction of how it’s going to be. So I understand that frustration.

I also know the struggle of self doubt and value. It seems to be a common battle around here. It’s so trapping isn’t it?

I’m glad that today you seem to be okay, but I am also glad that you decided to share anyway. You’re always welcome to share your experiences, struggles and knowledge here. Good or bad days. I personally appreciate hearing both sides. Those who can reach out and trust this as a safe place and those who reach out to share encouragement, testimony or success.

Here you are valued and loved unconditionally. A lot of people here ready to offer encouragement and support the best they can and resources to help along the way. So never be afraid to share with us.

Thank you for posting and sharing some of your thoughts my friend. I hope your week continues to go smoothly for you.

I have put together a list of resources for the people on the forums. On it you will find, calming and meditative music to help with stress and anxiety, meditation videos, links to the Heart Support family streams, resources like books for guidance through depression and self harm and a video series by DyllonKG that goes over all the different walks of mental health. That can be found here

I hope something serves as helpful to you.

Hold fast

• Kitty

Welcome @humannequin! It’s so great that you are here. You are truly love and cared for here by each and every one of us. This place is wonderful and it’s full of people who will be there for you and let you know you are not alone.

I am so grateful that you opened up and shared my friend. Many of us are going through similar struggles. While are stories are different, we share a common bond of our pain but also our path to healing. I really resonate with your words. I, too, have deep bouts of depression that only seem to minimize for very short amounts of time. The last few months I have been in a very dark place and my depression and anxiety have been at an all time high.

I am sorry to hear you have been struggling but I’m glad that today is a good day for you. That’s wonderful. I have learned that we need to really appreciate the better days, the days where we feel like we can smile and actually mean it.

Please always feel free to share here, whether that’s on a good day or the worst of days. You are not alone and we care for you. I hope your week goes well and please let us know if we can help with anything. Stay strong my friend! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the kind words! I know I’m not alone in finding it difficult to reach out or even put into words what our struggles are, especially in moments of high stress and anguish.

I have seen so much personal progress just in the past few months in battling the demons I shoved down for years, just by mindfulness and meditation alone. I don’t have medical insurance, so finding professional help had been a daunting task in and of itself.

I’m a musician and huge fan of August Burns Red so it was naturally inevitable I come across heartsupport and omg…what an incredible resource/community this is.

My hopes are to be more involved with this community, helping spread some of the helpful tools and exercises that have helped me so far this year. With that said, I’m grateful for the resources you’ve provided me here! I can’t wait to check them out, and thank you again!

Much love!

1 Like

I’m still learning this interface, using my cell phone, so I’m not sure if I replied to all or just the first reply to my post.

Regardless, thank you so much for reaching out! I am very sorry to hear about your personal struggles but one very important lesson I’ve learned this year as that this is all a shared human condition. We might sometimes feel lonely, but we are never alone!

I so appreciate your kind words, and I hope you continue to keep the strength, as well!

Thank you! That is very kind of you to say. I only started posting/replying here about a month ago or so. It just took me a long time to get the courage do start opening up more but I am so glad that I did. It’s so great to have you here.

And you are right, we are all sharing in this pain together and hopefully, with each other’s help, we can find some healing and peace. Feeling alone is one of the worst things to feel when we are at our darkest moments and it’s nice to know we have each other here for support and empathy.

Stay strong my friend!

• Geoffrey

Well, I am so glad that you found us and look forward to getting to know you and seeing you around!

Lack of health insurance surely can be a serious issue. BetterHelp has def been a huge help in that process. Especially since HS offers a 7 day free trial. 7 days to talk to a real therapist. It may only be a week, but it still can be a huge help. They also have a financial aid system. Real easy, they ask you some series of questions, nothing too complicated and no major process and then they will tell you if you qualify. If you do, they offer a discount. I was able to get it down to 30% off. I still require help to pay for it, but it is at least more doable. I pay a monthly fee for BetterHelp that is equal to what only one visit with my therapist would have been. So for me that’s huge.

Anyway. It’s there if you ever want to try it. I like who I was matched with. I requested someone 45 years or older. I feel more comfortable with older therapists. I’m not sure why. Maybe that “wise ol owl” vibe?

See you around my friend! Much love!