I am obsessed with the past

Hello everyone. It’s nice to be here again. Since school season started, I kind of miss going to school. Especially college. Those were my golden years. I hangout with friends, I made artistic projects I was proud of, I met great professors, I love the environment, and I had fun. I love those memories. I can’t stop thinking about it. I felt like I was happy before my depression and acedia started. My friends are still going to college and university, and I am not. I haven’t seen them in awhile. It makes me sad. I am tired of being lonely and feeling isolated. I want to get better. Thank you for reading this. God Willing that everyone is having a great weekend. Take care.

Feeling lonely is such an awful feeling. It sounds like you have some pretty tough stuff going on. I know that it can be hard but really try and get out of the house and do things. You’ll be able to meet some new people that will, hopefully, be able to help you through your struggles. Of course if you ever need to talk to someone I’m here. Things will get better and the time will come when you don’t feel stuck in the past anymore. Stay strong. Everything’s gonna be alright.

1 Like

Hey @AVJR!

Dude I feel you on this.
Keep pushing through on hard days. We’ll get through this!

Hold Fast,
-SJ

1 Like

Hi

I say if you miss them and feel comfortable enough , you should reach out to them. even if its for coffee , lunch or to see a movie. and if you love art and it was a outlet for you i’d see about taking up a hobby that involves it. I write , color and make collages all the time to help me with anxiety. it’s a good outlet. I recently downloaded an app called poly artbook and its a puzzle / coloring by the numbers type thing and I’ve found that using that app helps me relax too if I am having a harder day than normal. I hope things start looking up for you

sending positive vibes

alyssa

1 Like

I was going through something like that man and I was blessed with a trip that me and my friends all planned out for one week where we got away from the entire world and went out to a cabin and share five wonderful days and nights with each other and honestly it’s something you got to try is reaching out to them and seeing if you can get together for at least a day out of the year or even a week and just bro out bu I was going through something like that man and I was blessed with a trip that me and my friends all planned out for one week where we got away from the entire world and went out to a cabin and share five wonderful days and nights with each other and honestly it’s something you got to try reaching out to them and seeing if you can get together for at least a day out of the year or even a week and just bro out. Being alone is tough to man it’s a strong feeling that we all have in our hearts missing the people that we share memories with and they moved on and became adults but you will meet other people eventually and that’s just the way the world works there’s always going to be someone new in your life that comes in without you knowing always live by the words it will happen when you least expect it and that’s the truest thing I’ve ever heard stay strong and keep on keeping on man!!! being alone is tough to man it’s a strong feeling that we all have in our hearts missing the people that we share memories with and they moved on and became adults but you will meet other people eventually that’s just the way the world works there’s always gonna be someone new in your life that comes in without you knowing always live by the words it will happen when you least expect it and that’s the truest thing I’ve ever heard stay strong and keep on keeping on man

1 Like

Hey @AVJR,

I know how it feels to focus on the past, like it haunts us sometimes.

Please know it is possible to get past this- it’s hard but it takes work and time. It can be done and we all believe in you.

Focus on what you love- live in the moment.

Hold fast.

With love,
Lyss(ur old pal Blurryface)

1 Like

@Lyss @jmatt0659 @sarahmariejohnson @alyssagmz61 @Tannernichols

Thanks!

1 Like