I am struggling

Recently I have lost who I thought was my soul mate. It was a three year relationship, he helped me overcome my depression but I feel so alone now that he is gone.
I have lost my will to live… not only because of losing him but because I feel as though all my feelings from the past are catching up to me. I feel as though I tried so hard to use another persons affections to ignore them and now I have to face my demons, instead of sweeping them under the rug.
Life is getting harder and harder, the more I try the worse things get. I’ve decided not to post my entire life story as I am not quite ready to face it… but now I am more alone than ever and sometime I feel like the world would be better off without me in it, trying to change it.
The real question is… what is the point even of living that is… I feel as though I have no purpose and that now it’s time for me to be reunited with my best friend in heaven
I don’t know… help?

Hi friend,

I am very sorry to hear what you have gone through, it’s so hard to lose someone so close to you. But thanks for reaching out, there are many here who care for you and love you. I do.

I can see that you think constructively when you write that you are not ready, also asking for help. That means that you are readying. You are strong, and you will get through this. Remember to allow yourself to take it easy if possible - it’s scary to face your demons, but it can be managed if you can face them one after another. One thing at a time.

You mean so much and when you get through it all you will find that it is worth it. We are with you. Stay strong!

Hey @Harley_Quinn,

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your significant other. What you’re going through is rough but you can definitely overcome it. There are 7.5B people on earth, so there’s no doubt that you’ll be able to find someone who’s even more compatible for you. It just might take some time, but you’ll find him! Until then, do you have anyone else who you can talk to about your depression to help you feel not so alone? A friend? Family member? Counselor?

Everyone has a purpose, and life is a game in which we need to find that purpose. In the meantime, chase happiness. Happiness is subjective, so only you can answer where you find true happiness. Once you identify it, chase it. :slight_smile:

-Eric