I can’t keep feeling this way

I’m pushing forward and my self development has improved so much, but fear, terror and anxiety is to much!
I don’t want to die. I want to be better, but I don’t want to live with these feelings forever.
It’s crippling and to much for anyone.
I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.
I need help…!

1 Like

Neither do I. I am well into my 30s. It never goes away. It’s there. Yet you can drown it out with coping mechanisms, etc. It never goes away though.

What kind of coping mechanisms?
I seem to suffocate it until it overwhelms and panics and/or scares me.

There are many coping mechanisms. I’ll just mention the ones that have worked for me that I use regularly. For anxiety & stress, I find that if I take a walk or remove myself from the situation that is triggering this seems to alleviate the building panic sometimes I go take a shower.

If it is a full blown blowout. What helps me, but not always is to distract myself by concentrating on my breathing or trying to busy my mind with something other than what is freaking me out. Sometimes it is just outright violent. I have a punching bag I go to town until I exert all my energy.

I don’t deal too well with fear. When I am afraid I go flying to the place I feel comfortable at. Which is my apartment. Yet how do you escape those fears when it stems from yourself? That is usually when I go back to my default tool distraction. I then try to escape my thoughts by occupying them. Basically, I try to escape reality by playing games, watching shows or doing something, anything that will help me escape my mind and might either calm these emotions or exert enough energy that I can’t think anymore.

When all else fails then I grab music, shutdown, and sleep. Shutting out both the world & myself.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Hey Mich,

First off - youre taking huge steps and we are all so proud of you. Thank you so much for reaching out.

Secondly, you arent alone. Here are ways that chat and myself have coped.

3 Likes

Wow! Thank you!
I’m so amazed and grateful you all took the time to reach out and be so supportive!
You guys are amazing!
Thanks again!