I can't take anymore

I was told about this by a band Shadow of Wales because I’ve tried to die Monday and I’ve been struggling with my Depression… My whole life people have been telling me that I’m better off dead…I have tried over and over again to die but I need to ask if there is anyone who understands me and they have a way to get through the cutting off my skin and the want for death… I’ve been in Foster Care from the age 2-5 1/2 years old… Bullied all through school sand hated by my family and I have had no friends… I’m 17 years old and I am being overcome by my brain

Hi there,
thank you so much for posting. you don’t know how brave and strong you are for sharing your thoughts and feelings on here. we really appreciate it.
there are so many reasons I could give you as to why you should stay alive and not die. The list is endless. You are so special and valued! I know that because you’ve been told the opposite your whole life, it’s hard to understand, but it really is true. There are so many people that are happy to have you in there lives, and if you don’t think that’s true, just come to Heartsupport. We’re all going through the same things. We all have some crazy, messed up things going on in our lives, and we love you, and will welcome you with open arms whenever you come on here. You should stay alive because I care. I care that you wake up in the morning. I care that you try your best to get through each day. I care about your pain and struggles. We all do.
You have been through some rough stuff and are going through hard times, and you don’t deserve that. I am so sorry you’ve had to endure all of this pain, but that doesn’t define you. You are worth SO.MUCH.
Posting on here just shows that you have what it takes to overcome these struggles, and win the battle with your brain. You have the power to stop hurting yourself. You are so great! I believe in you and know that you can do this. if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to message me.
keep fighting.

BrokenRose,

I like your name because I feel like it describes so much what you’re facing right now – you know you have beauty, you know you were made for something good, but you feel like your stem, the connection to a source of life has been bent and broken, and you don’t know how to keep on living without having life poured back into you…it feels like every day your mind is just losing more and more will and energy and capability of holding onto hope, and all of a sudden, you find yourself at a breaking point, where you want to cut and escape all this pain…you feel like so much of your life – from fostering and bullying and family problems and feeling alone…like all of this stuff has just added up, and what was intended to be this vibrant and beautiful rose is struggling to stay alive. I hear that, I see you. You are not alone. I’ve been in such a similar spot in my own life when I was between junior and senior year in high school, and I just didn’t see what the point of my life was…I felt like my parents would never be proud of me no matter how hard I tried, I felt like my friends at school looked down on me no matter what I did to fit in, I had been bullied all through middle school, and at the end of the day I scrolled through my phonebook and just couldn’t find a single person that I thought would give a shit that I feel this way…I felt broken too…but life doesn’t have to keep going that way, it doesn’t have to be the end of your story…it wasn’t the end of mine – my friend connected me to a community and connected me to faith and connected me to recovery, and my life turned around…I got reconnected to the vine, and now life pours into my stem and helps my rose bloom. You aren’t alone, and this isn’t the end of your story, friend. Things won’t always be this way. I’d recommend looking into our program called Dwarf Planet if you’re looking for a practical start to working through these feelings!

Thanks so much for following through with SOW’s recommendation – those guys are some of my best friends. Much love to you, and I have so much hope for your life, friend. Hold fast!

-Nate

Thank you so much… I really don’t know what to say… I think that this really hit deep… I was talking to Shadow of Whales and they told me about this so I thought why not and I’m glad I did

1 Like

I’m glad you did too @brokenrose <3 Anytime you need to vent or get support…just post and we’ll reply…you’re not alone, that’s for SURE, ha :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for telling me this