I didn’t know how to title this so I did this as a title

Every once in a while, I find myself blindsided by depression or anxiety and today is just one of those days. I don’t know what to do. It’s become clear to me I can’t handle it on my own, but yet whenever I seek professional help it does nothing. I feel stuck. Nothing I’ve done seems to work.

Hey @Nathan_Finley,

Thanks for being willing to share your struggle. I too have issues with depression and anxiety and sometimes I feel fine and then it hits me out of nowhere.
I wish there was an easy answer to give you…
Perhaps you have not yet found the right fit in terms of professional help for you. I know it took me a while before I found a good fit for me… Yet, there are still some days where nothing seems to work for me and it’s just a storm that I have to ride out… its not easy and sometimes just sucks… but take heart, you have people here in this community who care about you and what you are going through.
I have found that sometimes for me it helps to focus on something else, like to create something or go exercise. And sometimes I need to process through it by writing. It’s kind of just a crap shoot where I have to try a bunch of things to find the right one for that particular day and sometimes like I said nothing really works and it’s just a day I have to ride out;

Sincerely,
Michelle

@Nathan_Finley find something to immerse yourself in, play music, watch a movie, something to distract yourself. And don’t be alone. Reach out to your family and friends, let them help you. If they really are family and friends, they won’t turn you away. And you have us. We’re here, and we love you.
I believe in you. You’re strong.

Ritual, by Black Veil Brides.

@Nathan_Finley

First, I want to say that you aren’t alone in your struggle. There are so many people who deal with depression and anxiety. It can be frustrating when you’ve tried to get help, but don’t feel like it’s helping. I want to say kudos to you, though, for trying. That in and of itself shows strength and a determination to rise above. Have you thought of seeing a different counselor or therapist to see if they may be a better fit? From what I’ve heard, sometimes you need to try a counselor or two (or more) until you find one who is a good fit.

Know that you aren’t alone, no matter what you decide. We are here for you. Many of us can understand the battle you are facing. Take comfort in the fact that you truly aren’t alone.