I don’t know how to tell them

I’m not going back to college this fall and I don’t know how to tell my parents. I just lied and told them I was all signed up for my classes but I’m not.

I’m already annoyed by my dad today. My parents will be home for the next two weeks so I will have little alone time.

Right now I don’t know how I’m going to make it and I already hate myself from the things my dad has snapped at me about and the things he’s tried to talk to me about that just aren’t necessary. He never lets me talk. It’s always him.

I’m not going to keep wasting my money and going into debt with college. I just suck at it and hate it.

I wish I could just disappear.

2 Likes

Hey Lyss,
Don’t disappear. There are people you haven’t even met yet who’d miss you… and it sounds to me like you’ve already taken the first step towards ownership of your own life. Being happy doesn’t have to be an act of rebellion, though some people might try to make it seem that way. It’s something every person owes to themselves, and I really admire you for accepting that college doesn’t make you happy, or that it is not the place for you to flourish.

Wherever you go from here, just try to focus on remembering why you’re here in the first place. Forget about wanting to disappear, because subconsciously or not, the reason you quit college is a yearning to be happy. So go chase what makes you tick as a person. Find your place in this big wide beautiful world :slight_smile:

I’m not planning to go to college either, but my parents assume I am.
This is your life, Lyss. You’re the one who’s going to live it and your parents can’t decide it for you. Figure out what you want in life, where you want to go.
If he doesn’t let you talk, well it’s going to be his fault he doesn’t understand you and he doesn’t deserve complete obedience.
You’ll work this out, I know you will. This is your life, not your dad’s to decide. We’ll be here for you.

I’m sorry that you wish to disappear and that you hate yourself. I’m also sorry that you’re dad snapped at you and he doesn’t let you have a say. Maybe writing a letter to them will help. I hope you’re in a better place soon.

Hi, Lyss. I’m sorry friend .

I hope you can sit down and talk to your parents soon because lying will probably only make things more difficult in the long run ):

Just know that whatever you end up doing, I love you friend. I support you. And I’m only ever a message away if you need a safe place. You have my discord as well. You’re welcome to ping me if you ever want to play something and just need a place to hang out. You’re also welcome to join voice chat at any time. Even if you just listen and don’t talk.

I’m sorry things are shitty. ):

You are being smart because student loans keeps people in debt and many people can never pay it off. Many parents expectations are too high and they project their ambitions unto their children instead of letting them be their own person.

I hope you can resolve what you can. Many Blessings.