I Don't Know If Can Continue This Realtionship

I had a mediation with a friend with another friend and we were discussing and disputing are differences and why we don’t get along, my friend gave his two cents I gave mine. All he was doing was talking about his side and his views not really listening to my side of things. One of the reasons why I have been clashing a lot with Hamid is because of my belief system, political and moral views.

I am Jewish, I believe in God, I believe in Torah and I believe in looking after the poor and I’m for government having a larger role. Hamid is a Satanist, He hates God, He hates religion and he demonizes poor people and thinks he;s better than other people not like him and he mocks and disrespects other religions and he is a hardcore conservative and libertarian. I have been more than tolerant and nice with him more than I should have but recently he has been very mean and rude for no reason. My other friend Zheng tried his best to mediate between us but I don’t think its going to work out. All I can do is keep my distance from Hamid and just avoid him. I’ve done what I could have done to resolve the situation.

Honestly, he doesn’t sound like a good friend. Surround yourself with people who lift you up, encourage you, support you and respect your differences.

Filter your friends list of people who are toxic, hurtful, spiteful, disrespectful and over all cause negative or uncomfortable feelings.

It’s good and okay to be friends with people even if they are different. But there is a time where you just have to draw a line.

You can respect him, but you don’t have to associate with him. Don’t be mean, don’t be rude and don’t bring him down even if he does you. Just remove him as a contact and stop associating with him.

Sometimes we have to let go of relationships that aren’t productive to our healthy life and goals. Build relationships that make you stronger and a better person. Or at least with those who can be kind in your differences.

• Kitty
2 Likes

That’s what I’ve been doing, I don’t really associate or talk to him I’m just mutual friends with the other guy who’s a decent human being and I’m trying to balance out things but you’re right I’m in a point in my life I don’t need toxicity from anyone.

I will just not associate with him. Which I’ve been doing so far.

2 Likes