I don't know what to do anymore

Two weeks ago I got rejected by my crush, last week we texted and he said that that it’s ok between us. Today I bumped into the girl who told my crush I like him. She told me that she is going out with him on Tuesday and also my guy ex-bff (stopped talking to him because he touched me inappropriately multiple times and wouldn’t stop when I told him to). Also my guy ex-bff is talking to my girl ex-bff even though he told me that he hates her and will never talk to her. Nice. I have a shit load of work at school, no one to talk to and a full plate of problems. My suicidal thoughts are getting worse and worse and I don’t know what to do. I cut like everyday… no one knows. No one knows how bad it is… I am going to a Bullet For My Valentine concert in a few weeks so that si the only positive thing rn. I don’t know how long I will be alive after that. Thank you.

Terezkaa

1 Like

Hey friend,
I’m so sorry to hear that, and thank you for sharing.

That sounds so rough, but these people are ex friends for a reason. Try to keep your distance as much as possible. I am also in school right now so I totally get that that is easier said then done but these are not people who deserve a place in your life. If they are trying to drag you down they are already below you.

If your crush rejected you maybe he isn’t the one for you but that doesn’t mean you can’t be friends.

School work is horrible and stressful, I just try my best to pre-plan everything. It does make my life a little easier and take away some stress that school inevitably brings upon all its students.

Friend, you are beautiful. I know it’s hard, but I also know you have the strength to overcome this. I know self harm seems like a solution right now but it’s something you have to live with for the rest of your life. It’s kinda like putting a plaster (I think American people call them band-aids. Sorry I’m English) on a wound that needs stitches. It may help temporarily but the wound will not heal.

There are so many other way to cope but I know from personal experience how easy it is to fall back into that trap of self harm. I like to write music, I play drums and guitar as well so I use them as a positive outlet. Maybe you could try that? Or maybe sport? Or even just listening to music. Do anything to get your mind off of cutting. You are worth everything and you are so so beautiful.

Hold on to all the positive things around you and reach out to someone around you too because bottling this all up inside will hurt you even more.

Hold fast friend,
Love Luna :heart:

2 Likes

This is relatable. It’s hard to take rejection, and even harder to handle being betrayed by people you thought were close to you.

When I don’t have people to talk to, I like to focus on my hobbies to distract myself. Concentrating on things you enjoy can push out all of those negative thoughts, for some time at least. Writing lyrics has always been a good way for me to do something constructive with my negative feelings. Also, exercise can help you feel better because it releases endorphins and gives you a positive outlet for stress relief. Music has been a great healing tool for me as well. Actually, Bullet For My Valentine is the band that got me into metal and they’ve been one of my favorites for many years.
Focusing on positive things can help as well, like that concert. When I have similar feelings I try to fill my thoughts with the positive things in my life, no matter how small they may be. It may be a pleasant interaction with a stranger, a good grade in school, eating one of my favorite meals, making progress in a video game I find challenging, and so on. Even little things like that can be a reminder that life is not always bleak and hopeless.

I’m sorry to hear about all that you’re going through. I go through a lot of it myself and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. You are valuable and it may seem like you are surrounded by darkness, but I promise you there is light.

Best Wishes,
Jon

2 Likes

Hey there I know what you are feeling.

I’m sorry your ex friends are doing this to you and I know how you feel self harm and cutting is the only way to deal with it but Ive done that and my way of coping is shut down and burning bridges it isn’t good or helpful. I have felt more alone by doing that. So find ways you enjoy to cope if that is by writing write not even lyrics if you just want to journal, journal. If you want to play a sport or instrument do it. If another way of you want lose yourself at the show go crazy and scream the lyrics and jump and headbang. If you want even pit. It could help you feel better.

You are a great person and you don’t deserve what you are going through but you will come out stronger. It will just take time find friends you have all of us.

Be strong your friend Justin

3 Likes