I feel alone just because I’m different then others

I feel like I have know one that loves me in my family they call me FAT and STUPID because I have a learning disability and my family say I’m mentally slow, and I feel like no one loves me in my family because of my weight or because my fathers not in my life my grandma really effects me when she sees me she’s allways mean to me calling me names and I almost tried to commit suicide but I learn that I shouldn’t cry I should just hold in

2 Likes

@Ieshalifestylexoxo

I’m sorry about your struggle. Your family shouldn’t say those things. It’s not your fault for having disabilities. You don’t deserve the miss treatment. Feeling alone is okay. Everyone in this community has gone through it. It’s okay to be different. Those differences will make someone fall in love with you, and love you until his or her final breath. Thank you for sharing. I’m glad you are alive. Please, don’t go to the suicide route. It is not worth it. Your life has meaning. This community is thankful you are alive. Remember, you are not alone.

1 Like

It is not okay for your family to treat you that way no matter the circumstances. I am glad that you did not commit suicide because you are a gift. You matter and you are perfectly made just as you are. You deserve to be appreciated and hope that you can see people in your life who care for you and see your beauty. You can totally cry when you need to. Please stay strong and do not end your life. Reach out to people in your life who do not treat you this way, reach out for support. Thanks for reaching out on here because we are happy to have you :star:

I’m so sorry for the hurt your family has put you through.

I can relate. I have learning disabilities and I am autistic. I also struggles with weight issues my entire life. I have a lot of health issues. My family always treated me weird for being different. Even as an adult, one of my aunts messaged me and told me she didn’t like me as a child because I was so “weird”

They treated me like I didn’t deserve love and care because I was autistic and a little awkward. I struggled in school and failed a lot of the time.

I was yelled at for struggling when I just needed help.

I know that pain and I’m so sorry that you have to go through that. When our family should be the people who love and support us.

I am sending you so much love right now. You matter. You are important. Your feelings are valid! Just know that. And we are here to support you. You are not alone

-Kitty

1 Like

I feel like I could have written 90% of this post. My family call me pathetic and stupid all the time. Not because of a learning disability, but, because of my self harm. They think you have to be stupid, weak and pathetic, desperate for attention to self harm - and he even believes that about his own daughter.
My dad likes to pick out the flaws in my appearance and put me down - telling me I have big ears or a big nose or that I’m fat. My parents have their favourite daughters - my dad will shoot as down the minute we say anything bad against my 21 y/old sister, and my mum does the same for my 18 year old sister… Never for me though. All I get is “You should be grateful, you nearly killed your mother and took her from me” < I struggle feeling like part of the family when I’m having this drilled into me. I struggle with crying and expressing my emotions, I grew up and was taught it was weak - I would be punished for it… I’m nearly 23, and only in the last year have I been able to start expressing the way I feel to people… Even with that, it’s only a handful of people. To me, when I feel the need to cry, I get overwhelmed by an instant feeling of fear, and then, if I do get past that fear and cry, I feel incredibly ashamed. The first time I was able to cry and not feel any fear was about 2 weeks ago. I had to put my dog down, and I was in a call with Danjo and just cried. (How he understood anything I said is beyond me). He made it feel easy, and made me feel safe. Since having that call, I havent had any fear around crying.
It feels impossible when we’ve learnt to keep our emotions in, but, when you find that one person you can trust - it will get easier.

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like

I know from watching the stream on Twitch, this community is very welcoming when it comes to emotions. This is a place of unconditional love.
One thing I’ve learned at church: If it’s something that’s important to you, it’s important to God. Your emotions are important to us too.

3 Likes

Don’t let others control your feelings you are special and perfect the way you are and the only opinion that matters is your own. Family isn’t blood it’s those you have emotional bonds with who support you. Stand up to yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how perfect you are and love yourself. Once you love yourself others will love you too and all the more so