I had another panic attack

I had another panic attack yesterday and I hate having them. People tell me that I need to talk to someone I just don’t want to. It’s hard and no one understands what I’m going through. I hate it when people tell me to stay strong and I can do it because they don’t understand that saying those things don’t help. It’s hard and it will never get better. I isolate myself during a panic attack and they’re getting worse. I can’t talk to anyone and I want someone who I can talk to. It’s hard and I don’t want all of these things in my life.

2 Likes

@Vanessa

What can this community and I do for you?

Anxiety sucks as it is yet to have panic on top of it? I am sorry this happens to you.

1 Like

@Vanessa

I have a panic disorder, so I know all about panic attacks and how hard they can be to deal with. I am so very sorry you’re suffering from them. Something that has helped me is this thing called Grounding. There are several types of grounding techniques, but the one that works best for me is the 5-4-3-2-1 method, here’s a link to it.

Also there are apps you can get on your phone that help you focus your breathing and things like that which helps to calm you down.

Hold fast!
Hannah Prelsey

1 Like

Say to yourself it will be better. Stay positive. Panic is only a Feeling. Everything will be better in the Future :slight_smile:

There isn’t a lot this community can do for me.

1 Like

@Vanessa

I see. I’m sorry we couldn’t do much.

It’s okay. There isn’t a lot of things that help me with panic attacks.

1 Like

Hey Vanessa!

I’m sorry you have to deal with these panic attacks, they suck big time. I used to have anxiety attacks quite regularly, so I know how it feels in the moment.

As @Hannah_Presley already mentioned, there is techniques that can help you deal with them. Please do some research and try them out - if you can find a single one that works, that’s better than nothing! And if nothing seems to work, don’t give up. I personally get no help from instructed coping techniques, like counting my breathing or trying to force my mind somewhere, they simply make me feel more restricted. What has always helped me personally is to just get to a quiet place alone and listen to my breathing. Not chasing any certain rhythm, not trying to accomplish anything. Just listen. And yes, I also isolate during the attacks - being around people just overworks my senses in that moment, and I need to be left alone. It doesn’t automatically mean it’s a bad thing to need a moment to yourself. What I’m saying is that there are dozens of techniques to deal with the moments of panic attack, and finding one that works might just be enough. They’re definitely worth looking into.

Hold fast. x

1 Like