I have to leave, I'm sorry

First off, this is a decision that me, my therapist, my family and my closest friends have all agreed on as of today’s date. I dont want anyone to try and say I cant isolate myself because itll only make it worse.

The previously mentioned have all agreed that I need to isolate myself, and I need time to figure out where I stand in life. This community has already helped me no matter how short my stay was, it made me feel wanted and not like a burden.

I’m not going to be active anywhere, I dont know how long and i dont know to what extent, but I just need time to process everything that has happened in recent times, especially today.

Hold fast everyone, you are worth it.
With love,
-Rev

3 Likes

Hi Rev,

Good luck on your journey. I hope you’ll find what you are really worth for.

We’ll be waiting for you

Pioggia :sunflower:

Hey Rev,

I have a hard time believing that all of those people told you to “isolate”. I don’t have a hard time believing they all said that you need to work on yourself and/or process things that have happened to you. But that doesn’t necessarily correlate with, “I am going to step away from my supportive community so that I can be by myself with my thoughts and pain and figure it out on my own.” In general, any effective recovery plan is NEVER done in isolation. It ALWAYS leverages the influence of healthy individuals and peers who can support you, help you process things, work you through whatever you’re dealing with, etc, etc. And if those people in your life truly told you to isolate – which again, I believe would be more of a misinterpretation from you rather than shitty advice from all of them – then they’d all be totally oblivious to an effective plan to improve your life.

Hoping that you correct your perspective and allow yourself to be surrounded by supportive and encouraging people – even if it’s not here, but wherever you go, you need healthy people to carry you and encourage you in this journey.

I’m cheering for you.

Hey Xavier,

I just want you to know that isolating is not the answer, and just because I couldn’t be that person for you doesn’t mean that you don’t deserve love and support. I attempted to set you up with a support system before I walked away. I connected you with Nate, and from Nate’s response above alone, I do believe that you still have him, and you can reach out to him.

As he said as well, it seems you may be misinterpreting that you should be isolating! Believe me I have done the same thing. Tried to twist people’s words in order to make it be what I want it to be, or hear what I want you to hear. We’ve talked about this, I told you to not isolate, and you told me to take your own advice, and I promise you that I have. Even if you can’t talk in the discord, please message Nate, message anyone heart support staff, you don’t need to go through this journey alone. Please reach out! You are loved, and valued.

Please Hold Fast,
Monkey

@Rev - Who exactly told you to isolate yourself? Isolation is one of the worst things you can do when you’re going through a really rough time. Instead of “isolation” - if you meant “some alone time” - then that’s different, however I would highly encourage you to remain active in some community, either online or in real life. We care about you and want to see you get better!

1 Like