I lost my best friend and partner 😔

My now ex boyfriend broke up with me on Monday… We were friends for almost 9 years and decided to get together about 2 years ago… He was my best friend and my partner… I feel like I’ve lost my best friend :broken_heart: we had so many goals in mind and had our future planned from marriage to kids… I’m so heart broken… He said that we could still be friends, but that’s such a hard transition… I still love him, more than he could probably ever imagine… I’m still so attached… I feel so lost, alone, confused, sad, hurt, etc.

1 Like

Hi, friend,

I’m so sorry about your break up. That is so tough. I know the hurts of relationship loss and how hard it can be. Especially when it was someone you were so close to. It can be difficult to hold a friendship after you’ve had a more intimate relationship. Not impossible but may require you to take time away first.

Do whatever you need to heal and move forward before focusing on the friendship so that you don’t escalate into hurt and pain. Allow yourself that time to process.

Once you are able to work through that and have taken time to heal, move forward and clear your head, then maybe you can work your way back into a friendship. But don’t force yourself. Be gentle with yourself.

I hope that you are able to find comfort in friends, loved ones or things that you enjoy. That you can find strength and courage to move forward.

So much love to you. You don’t have to go at this alone. We’re always here to listen and to be a safe place

• Kitty

Hello there, we responded to you live. It’s an honor to have you share yourself with us:

2 Likes