I’m so tired of life

This past month has been exhausting… lots of things have happened and I feel so tired and drained. My life has gotten semi better however. I was definitely worse off 2-3 years ago. God is my only hope in this whole shabang. Who knew at 20 years old I’d be so broken?

1 Like

Hey @sadzebraprincess,

A few years ago when I asked a stranger how he was doing, he said, “Better than yesterday, not as good as tomorrow!” His response stuck with me. I’m glad to hear that you’re doing better than 2-3 years ago, and I promise you that you’ll be even better in 2-3 more years. You’ve overcome a lot and you’ll continue to become a master at overcoming future obstacles. Hang in there!

-Eric

2 Likes

Thank you @Eric that means so much!

1 Like

Man, what a weird blend of good and band…it’s like having a bucket of cold water poured into a hot bath…overall, your life is going on the whole a lot better than it has been, and you feel thankful for that…and at the same time there’s this splash of exhaustion and difficulty that you’ve faced over the past month, and you feel the shock of having that poured into what otherwise has been a positive season. It’s particularly exhausting, because you’ve gotten used to this new way of life, this new goodness, and when you finally let down your guard and settle into this new “warmth”, you get this huge wave of your past washing over you, and it’s exhausting to finally let your guard down and then be hit with this. At the same time, the beautiful part about the whole thing is that you have a hope that is anchoring you through the difficulties, and THAT is a powerful place to be, because life can never been one temperature. It will always be a blend and a flux between warm and cold, and that you have this hope in a God that will be with you through whatever comes – that’s powerful.

1 Like

@NateTriesAgain exactly what I’m feeling, and I know things will get better in time, there’s just a lot of change going on rn and I’m not good at all with change, God has and always will be my strength(:

1 Like