I miss my cat... should I?

I’m new here, and I’m not sure if this type of thing this place is for, but anyway… I know this might sound strange to some people, but I felt very close to him. I felt like even though he was a animal he was someone I could talk to…

Hi Friend!

Thank you for sharing. There’s millions of people all over the world who find solace with their pets. You’re not strange for feeling as though you could confide in your cat. Studies show that even petting your pet can reduce stress and make you feel calmer. So it’s not unusual that you felt that was about an animal that was your friend. Take how ever much time you need to heal from the loss of your pet and you’re ready for a new friend, I’m sure they’ll be ready for you. Until then, please continue to post here about whatever you feel the need to talk about. Heart support is full of wonderful people who want to hear what you have to say.

Stay strong!
@SweetHistory

1 Like

It is totally okay to miss your cat. Back in August my cat passed away and it is still hard to get over. He was my buddy and was there when no one else was. Sometimes I think animals can sense when we are upset. Take as much time as you need to grieve over your cat.

2 Likes