I need advice help pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

I used heart support before. Well I need advice um I got sexually assault 9 months ago and when I think about it I cry like today I thought about it and I cried and had anxiety attack. I’m trying to love myself but it’s hard… what should I do? How long does it take to heal? I been looking for a support group haven’t found one yet… sigh Im 18 btw
I been to counseling for 1 day it was eh idk if it helped or not

1 Like

Dear @Jacie_the_moo_queen,
You are not alone, regardless of how things seem. I can’t speak directly to the cause of your situation, but when I find myself thinking of certain unwanted memories, I listen to music. Find an activity that you enjoy, and perform that activity when the thoughts pop up. I would also recommend seeking out further counseling, as it may help in dealing with the emotional and mental trauma. I’d like to share a quote with you from Harriet Beecher Stowe:

“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”

Stay strong: you are loved.

2 Likes

@Jacie_the_moo_queen ,

I’m sorry you got sexually assaulted. That is not good .
Did you call the cops , and it’s gonna take awhile to heal . And counseling for that is going to take time . I’m sorry you had to go through this at 18, we will always be here for you . Remember you’re worth it and hold fast
-Ashley

1 Like

I’m sorry this happened to you. No one deserves to go through that. Counselling will take some time to get used too. Give it a little bit longer and if you feel you’re not getting on with your counsellor, ask to find a different one. It’s important you feel safe talking to them. If there are certain triggers like clothing/scents/objects that cause you to have these panic attacks try and avoid them or get rid of them if they’re around you. You’re so brave for being here. We love you.

Hold fast
Kayla

2 Likes

Thankss i can’t go to counseling anymore. I love music and art.

1 Like

Thanks @Kayla I can’t go to counseling anymore and I’m not a fan of it it does really help me sometimes.

1 Like

@all_around_ashley I have 17 at the time and no I didn’t cause I was scared and I don’t like calling the cops plus I was really shock and numb that it happened my cousin did it to me he was drunk too

1 Like

@Kayla I try to stay away from drunk people cause that’s a huge trigger for me

1 Like

You should of told them because that would help you a lot if you were underaged st the time and the person was an adult no matter what they could still get arrested. And I’m sorry this happened to you .

1 Like

My Doctor and therapist said if I call the cops right now then it wouldn’t help cause there’s no evidence and like um I’m scared that I might be on the news or something

1 Like

Hey @Jacie_the_moo_queen,

I’m so, so sorry to hear what happened to you 9 months ago. I’m really glad to hear that you’re seeking counseling. Talking with a professional is definitely a healthy decision, and although you won’t feel better overnight, you will feel much better once you and your counselor develop a relationship over time; you’ll then be provided with tools to assist you in your healing. It’s a process, but it’s absolutely worth it. In the meantime, try journaling; this can be a really therapeutic way to overcome difficult seasons in life. I hope some of this helped!

-Eric

1 Like

Know that we are here.
Don’t suffer in silence, talk to us whenever you want. You don’t have to go this alone. I think deep down, you can love yourself, if you keep trying

1 Like

Hi Jacie,
Thanks for sharing your story here. As a survivor of rape myself (I was also 17 when it happened) I know that the healing can take a loooooong time. And you might never be the same person again, but that is okay! After my assault I (slowly) grew into a more responsible, aware and appreciating person. This was after I went through a nice long angry, ashamed, crying-all-the-time phase.
Also, please DO NOT feel any shame or pressure to go to the authorities, this is a decision that is more difficult than people realize because often times the victim suffers more trauma through trying to hold the person accountable, and often times failing, because our judicial system is so broken (innocent until proven guilty). Sometimes I wish I had reported my assault, but then I think about how disruptive that would have been to my life (yes, it may appear on the news you are correct) as well as having everyone else around you know. I simply could not have handled that amount of stress during the time, I don’t even think I could handle it now years later. It is a really tough decision, and I don’t want you to ever feel bad about not reporting it, because I know I have felt bad about it more than once. But also I know, it is not that simple. If you ever need someone to chat with I’m here and thanks again for sharing. You are a strong and beautiful person <3