I need to mourne for my mom

Almost my entire life my way of coping with sad shit in my life was drugs, it went from painkillers to heroin sometimes, i decided that i wanted to quit using drugs, and i did, for 3 years, but i relapsed a week ago because my mom recently passed away. I fell into a deep deep depression, i tried to end my life 4 times in one week. I have now come to the conclution thati need to mourne and cope, so i really need help to find another way to cope from the recent passing of my mom and my relaps

1 Like

Hey @Fishyboi - I’m so, so sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. One of healthiest ways to cope (aside from therapy/counseling), in my opinion, is exercise. The pumping of your blood releases endorphins, which is the “feel good” chemical in your brain. Even if it’s just a simple jog, it’ll help. You’re strong. Hold fast.

1 Like

Hey friend.

First of all, thank you for being vulnurable with us, that takes a lot of strength. I promise you that your grief and pain is safe here and will be respected.

Second, I am so very sorry for your loss! Words can’t express your pain, I know that. So just know that our hearts break with you.

I’d recommend finding an outlet. Emotions need to be released and, as you’ve said, you have recently been releasing them in harmful ways. I don’t Want to see you harm yourself anymore, none of us do. You’re valuable and a whole person and you have so much ahead of you, I promise. I know it doesn’t seem like it, but you do.

So get out, run, scream, hit a bag, do whatever you need to do so that you can swallow this pain and grief and come to terms with it. The world has enough pain and death in it and we don’t want to see you live in it anymore.

We love you, friend. Hold fast. You have family here.

Sam.