I struggle with homosexuality

I am a Christian. A proud one. I go to church every Sunday. I go to four different youth group and I love it so much. But there is a problem. I have been struggling with homosexuality since the 7th grade. I mean I do like girls I want to have a family when I am older, But I have been struggling with these feeling for so long and it’s so difficult to deal with. It all started in 7th grade. It was the first day of school and I saw this one new guy that I never met or anything. You see I was homeschooled for 3 years before this. So I knew everyone but that one guy. I mean I saw plenty of new people. He just stuck out amongst the crowd. At first look I could immediately tell he was amongst the popular group. Anyway I never thought about me being gay or bisexual or anything until I thought about it more. In January I question if I like him or not. And I did. I have been struggling with this for a year and a half and I just can’t take it. I don’t want to be gay, I don’t want to like guys. I feel helpless and trapped. And it sucks even more considering that I am a Christian and you know, being gay isn’t the most accepted thing in Christianity. I told my youth pastor and the senior pastor at my church. They are like my dad and grandpa. They both matter so much to me. What they did, they just loved on me. They both didn’t care about who I thought I was they just loved on me endlessly and I couldn’t be more grateful. I am still struggling with this and I don’t know what to do. I don’t know weather to just accept it or what or never have a partner. I am so confused and my mind is going a million miles per hour right now. The worst part is that there are not many people who struggle with this. Sure people may be hatred for being gay or Christian but you don’t see gay Christians and I feel like I am the only one who is suffering through this. I need help

11 Likes

I can relate I’m Catholic and LGBTQ and it is something that I struggle with. Too say it is hard would be an understatement because it is something that we cannot physiologically control and we are trying to be a follower of Christ while the Christian community doesn’t fully support us. One thing that has helped is even if one member cares and supports despite being gay then that makes a huge difference because it means that you are not going through it alone. The fact that your youth pastor and senior pastor support you is amazing. If you feel comfortable continuing talking with them about it or find someone who you feel safe talking to. Know that if you are LGBTQ or straight Christ will still love you. Keep hanging in there and know that you can talk about anything on Heart Suppport.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. There are not many people I feel comfortable talking too about this. Even my youth and senior pastor

1 Like

I get it because it goes back to feeling judged. I think if you can find someone you feel safe and comfortable talking to it will help. Know that you can say anything and everything here and not be judged. Stay strong.

2 Likes

@BiscuitBoy0105

There are misconceptions when it comes to Christianity and Homosexuality. I encourage you to do research about the context of the Bible. God will help you. Christians shouldn’t hate anyone. Regardless of anyone’s sexual orientation. I am a Christian. Still learning about God, and other things of this world I am having a hard time comprehending. What I do know is I must love Him, love others, and love myself. I encourage you to do the same thing. If you want to share more, this forum is still open. I hope you are doing okay. Thank you for sharing. God bless you.

3 Likes

I’m sorry your going thru this I can imagine you are going thru a crisis. I’m not Christian but I know of many devout Christians that struggle with such feelings.

Just follow your convictions nobody knows your heart but God and he will guide you and help you.

3 Likes

Thanks you man. That means a lot❤️

1 Like

I’ve been a Christian my entire life and I can say with one hundred percent certainty that your sexuality is your choice and you should never feel guilty about it. I know this because Heartsupport is a Christian organization founded by Jake Luhrs and after listening to their Instagram updates and stuff I can tell you that it is your choice. I am so happy to hear that you find Christianity important to you and you should know that love is a key part of Christianity and love is unconditionally given by God and us as humans try our best to return that. Sending love your way friend :heart:

2 Likes

Hey Biscuit, I struggle with homosexuality as well and I’m a Christian. ThEdUnCeCap is not someone you want to listen to. God did not make you that way, nor does he want you to be gay.

I’ve been called gay from an early age all throughout high school, and I am not attracted to women at all like I should be. Be aware that there are spirits that can attach themselves to you or by someone who planted a seed in you that isn’t from God. You have to rebuke those curses and chains in Jesus name or have a pastor help you.

If you want to know more about that kind of stuff, you should watch Perry Stone, or the 700 club. ( Specifically about the things we are struggling with.)

Anyways, later down the road I finally but reluctantly told my dad about my not being attracted to women. (Mostly shame because I didn’t want to tell my dad I was ever getting married) Which he was very supportive of me and helping me fight this, but I still struggle. I actually haven’t told my pastors about it yet, Which I need to do, but I’m still kind of scared letting people know… lol

But I know what your going through and don’t think your alone in this. God is always with you. “he will never leave you nor forsake you .” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Be aware that your words have power in Jesus, “Life and death are in the power of the tongue.” (Proverbs 18:21) Never stop speaking life into yourself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@BiscuitBoy0105, I’m pretty sure there isn’t a such thing as a “gay Christian.” The Bible says quite a lot about the topic…I’m sure you’re somewhat familiar. It’s quite a touchy situation, because we live in a society full of crazy people and most people don’t believe. I would look for a spiritual solution or explanation because most of the unbelievers have no clue what you’re going through. I probably don’t have a clue. Empathy is one thing but following Christ is a whole different level. But if you say you’re a Christian, I suggest your start with your Bible and maybe hit up a library or the internet for solid Christian doctrine.

1 Like

And to piggyback on my own comment, whatever it be, homosexuality, greed, envy, overeating, gambling, anger fits…most of us have some sort of dark crazy thing going on, so you’re not alone in that regard.

Hey there, I’m dealing with the same situation. I’m very much a proud Christian and have been battling with my sexuality for a very long time now and honestly, have not shared this with anyone… this is a really massive struggle for myself as I never want to hurt anyone I love or disappoint my Lord and Savior who has done so much for me… I also struggle with if this is a choice or if this is apart of who I was made… as i have rejected homosexuality my entire life (which I’m 27yo)…

2 Likes

God loves you. You weren’t born with it, and like I said I still struggle. I know people don’t want to hear that, but it’s not from God. But ultimately it is your choice, This is one reason why I’m single and I’m 30 yo.

All I can say is keep asking for forgiveness when you sin and ask for deliverance. (this is about forgiving one another, but I know theres another verse I can’t think of right now… Lol) (Matthew 18:21)

I also highly recommend reading the bible. :slight_smile:

God created some people to some sexualities an others to be other sexualities,and everyone is beautiful as they are, incluing you.

1 Like

Hey friend,

I support you…i am 30 years old male Christian and still struggle with dating guys even. There is too much hate out there for the LGBTQ community in the church but they do not understand the feelings liking the same sex.

I love you no matter what decision you make.

-Eric

1 Like

Hey @BiscuitBoy0105,

I was in your shoes 2 years ago. I’m a bisexual Christian and I am still learning and searching for a community within these things. I can tell you right now that you are okay. Jesus loves you and NOTHING changes that. I’d reccomend checking out https://www.qchristian.org/
They’re a community for LGBTQ+ Christians and I’ve found it’s a safe space to ask questions and wrestle with everything.

Let me know if you want to chat through e-mail or anything. I know it can be a lonely journey and drive you to some intense feelings.

Hold Fast,
SJ

2 Likes

i like girls and boys also but,you should not care of what others think and be yourself. have fun because you have so Mutch ahead of you.