I think my friend is dead

I don’t really know what to say for this one but here it goes.
Last night one of my friends messaged me asking if I wanted to talk, I wanted to but I had to work early this morning so I told them that I couldn’t and we agreed that we would talk the next day. Then when I woke up the next morning and checked my phone I had a message from him from 3 hours earlier and I don’t know how to handle it. The message said something along the lines of “I just wanted you to know I’m planning on killing myself tonight, but don’t blame yourself because you where an amazing friend”. I’ve messaged him but no response. I don’t really know what I should do. I feel like I should be crying but I can’t, I feel like I should be noticeably sad but I’m not, I can’t really feel anything right now. Is it my fault, if I talked to him last night would he still be alive?
Should I be crying? I feel like I should. I really do care about him. I just don’t know what to do.

2 Likes

Call the police and have them do a check at his place? Did he live with someone? Go over and check yourself if that’s an option.
I’m sorry that you’re panicking, and this sounds really rough, but please remember to keep yourself safe as well.

Hold fast
Kayla

2 Likes

@Luca

Hey, like Kayla said, you can call in a wellfare check on them, you can either call the emergency line or the non-emergency line. If they live with their parents or a friend or anyone then I would contact them if you can.

I know it’s really easy to panic and let your mind spiral, but if you don’t know anything for sure try not to think in definites. Please keep us updated on this thread.

Hold Fast,
Hannah Presley

1 Like

The best thing you can do is call someone for help. 911 if you have his address, a family member, anyone. They can check on him and see how he’s doing.
Just remember that no matter what happens that YOU ARE NOT to blame. YOU ARE NOT responsible.
It’s easy to fall into guilt in situations like this. But you can’t feel bad for living and doing what you need to do. You can’t control what someone else does and cant blame yourself for not knowing.
I’m sorry that your friend is having a hard time. I hope that he gets the help he needs.

Be safe and take care of you. Okay? <3 If there is someone you can call to let them know what he said to you, go ahead. There is absolutely nothing wrong with reporting something like that. Remember that.

Hey guys so my friend was emitted to the hospital last night but he’s still here. Thank you all for the support and advice it means a lot.:heart:

2 Likes

If you haven’t already you should ask mutual friends if you have any to know if he is still alive or not. Or you can reach out to his family to see. I hope he did not pass away. Hopefully better things will come out soon and that he is in a better place if he’s still alive. If he passed away I’m sorry, think of the good memories you two had together instead of inflicting on the negative. Take care.

1 Like