I took a big step today

Hi everyone. I know it has been awhile since I posted, I have university to thank for that. I did something today which I know in the future is for the best and had to be done for my emotional well being. I am cutting negative people out of my life specifically someone who claimed to be my friend. Long story short we grew up together but recently we have not been close. That started when I told them I am seriously considering doing something that would help my future goals. (Eventually I will talk about that.) Anyways they became judgemental and questioned me on everything and was borderline bullying me. We didn’t talk for a bit and to say it hurt would be an understatement. Then one day they texted me and acted like nothing happen. Part me thought great we can be friends again but the other part felt conflicted. Then they said that I am going to get left behind by everyone in our friend group. I decided to end it and delete their number and off of social media. It sucks but I am better off this way. I am coping with a lot and it sucks that we use to talk about anything and everything and I no longer have that person but it is not worth the emotional turmoil. It sucks that nearly everyone in that friend group took their side but I am making some great connections in university and know that it will get better. I know it may seem weird that removing that person from my life is a big step but I realized it was not worth the emotional agony and if they can’t accept me for me I know someone else will.

5 Likes

Hey @mufcninja - Thanks for sharing and updating us on your situation! I understand how sucky it can initially be losing friends, but if they’re toxic to you, then (long term) what you did is good and you’re taking care of yourself! Now go out there and find some people who will build you up into the person you were created to be. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Eric! I plan on it. I know it will be hard but I got this.

Hey @mufcninja I really do think you did the right thing in this situation. I know what it’s like to have toxic people in your life, but doing this will really show you how great life is if they keep bringing you down like that. A general rule of thumb I live by is I am who the worst person I hang out with is. It’s kind of how humans work, like if you hang out with a bunch of people who help others, generally you will be more inclined to give a helping hand. Hope you’re doing better :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey @mufcninja ,

i am so glad you decided to cut them out. tbh i dont think it was a health friendship. i decided to cut my ex out of my life fully after he blocked me twice. i also cut out this one kid who was my ‘best friend’ but tbh me and her friendship wasnt health at points because we would get into verbal fights ever since 8th grade… i hope and wish the best for you.

to me i guess i would either a let them be and let them have their way or speak the truth as human we make mistakes but some people dont see eye to eye in what you believe is right verses what THEY believe is right

1 Like

I had to cut off my best friend of 12 years. We were inseperable for those 12 years. You would never see us without the other. One day I had a major episode with my depression and had to cancel plans for my own safety. I told her this and she told me I was the worst friend ever. That she hated me, that I always ruined everything. The only time after that she was nice to me was when she was high or drunk. After I cut her off, she went and told our mutual friends, which was a pretty big circle. Every single one of them I considered my close friends… They all said the exact same thing, telling me I would be the reason that she kills herself because she was apparently so upset I’d removed all ways of contacting me. I went from a group of about 8 people to 1 within minutes because of that one situation. I still feel bad, but I don’t regret it, you shouldn’t either.

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like

@mufcninja cutting negative people who are close is tough, but if you’ll be better in long run, i say go with it :hearts:

1 Like

@mufcninja Here is our response from today’s Twitch live stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/336375747

2 Likes

So proud of you! I am glad that you have the courage to do this. I’m cheering you on!

1 Like

Thank you guys so much! I am truly thankful for the support. As I move forward I have to remind myself that people care and that not all situations will end up like that. I know it will take some time but I know it will get better. Thank you @Danjo for making this your Twitch stream topic and I want to thank all of you for reminding me that I am not alone.

2 Likes