I Wish Jewish Music Were Like Christian Music

I am Jewish and I am observant and even though I’m not a Christian I feel I can relate to Christian Metal and Christian Rock more than to Jewish Music or Jewish Religious Music. Christian Metal relates to me and helps me on so many levels, I’ve met and seen so many Christian Bands like, Demon Hunter, War of Ages, P.O.D., Skillet, Flyleaf, RED, The Chariot, Thousand Foot Krutch etc. The music connects me to Hashem in a way that I feel its a personal religious with my creator and I feel and sense God thru the music and the lyrics.

Except for Jewish Artists and Groups like Matisyahu, Ta-Shma, 8th Day, DeScribe, Y-Love, Shyne etc not too many Jewish artists connect with me as Christian Metal does maybe because I am a metal hand and I get a adrenaline rush from the raw emotions from the artists but I am proud to say I am a Metal Head that’s Jewish and I love Christian Metal even though I’m not Christian.

,/ Rock On

3 Likes

@ranma1983

I love both Christian and Jewish music. I grow up both of them. Half of my father’s side of his family are Jews, and the other are Christians. It makes sense because Mexicans’ descendants are Sephardic Jews. Back to you! Hehe. Have you thought about looking new Jewish artist on YouTube, last.fm, google? There is always something good pops up. Matisyahu is a great singer. I saw him live 4 times, and he puts out a good show. I connect with his music than the modern praise/worship music. That just me. Any type of music glorifies God. I’m not sure if you like Punk Rock, but there is a a band called Moshiach Oi!, they’re Hasidic Jews, and they are a good band. I recommend them. I have heard about those Jewish artists you listed, I listened to a couple of songs from them, and I need to check out their catalog. I hope you are having a decent week. Thank you for sharing. God bless. Stay strong.

1 Like

Music is so powerful! I am glad that you can experience it in such a great way, with relating and helping, no matter your background. For Today is a Christian metal group that I love listening to as well. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like