If the people who can help me don’t believe me what if the point?

Hey guys,
The last few months have been really hard on me. I have just recently put the pieces together that I was sexually abused before I was adopted. But I reach out for help and people say I am doing it for attention. I do t know what todo. I feel like now every time I am going to tell someone they are just going to push it off like it is not a big deal. What do I do? I know it happened. I know it but now people make me feel like what I feel is not important.

Hello, I am sorry to hear that, that has happened to you. I come from that same place. I had a government work dothe same to me so nobody believed me either. But than I came to the realization that they didn’t want to believe that something that horrible happened to me. That may be the case with you. Normally people in our lives don’t like to think that we have went through something like that. They might feel guilty like they could have stopped that. What you could do is reach out farther than just close family and friends. Try to see maybe a therapist or even a friends mother or father. Explain to them what happened. If you want to see action than maybe go to a police they take those matters very seriously. I’m always here to talk if you need it. I really hope things get better.

1 Like

Hey @Learning,

I’m so sorry to hear what happened to you before you were adopted. You’re doing the right thing by reaching out for help. Don’t listen to the negativity of people telling you that you’re only doing it for attention. Who are these people, anyway? They don’t seem like healthy influences in your life. Please continue to reach out. I’d recommend talking to a licensed counselor, however recent studies show that you can get similar results (of relaxation) by simply talking with a trusted friend or family member. You’re strong and you’re headed in the right direction! Keep on keeping on!

-Eric

Well shit, that’s rough start to have.
And I don’t really have any advice on how to deal with people who won’t believe you. I do suggest you keep talking to anyone who might listen, even if it’s just for your own sanity to finally be believed.

But I have another question for you: How are you going to go on with your life? Will you make this terrible thing that happened to you spoil the rest of your life, or are you going to make the best out of it?

People who do such things are sick, and bad. And they want you to feel bad too. So, and I really believe this, and live by this, there is no better revenge than to have a great life, with lots of happiness.
This memory will always be a part of you, I am not going to lie about that. But how big a part it plays is up to you. YOU get to pick. YOU are in control of that.

I hope this helps, I really do, even in just a tiny way.
Don’t let this shit ruin the rest of your life, but be awesome!

kind regards,

Martin / ThatOldDutchGuy