I'm hopeless and suicidal

I feel so alone and hopeless. I deal heavily with anxiety and depression and it has really messed up my life. I used to have a good amount of friends before I started dealing with my mental health issues but every since I’ve started struggling they’ve all faded out of my life. I realize now that everyone is fake and no one really cares about me and what I’m dealing with. I’ve tried to reach out to so many different people but they all just leave me hanging. I’m miserable every day and I just wanna die but no one seems to care. I’m not sure where to turn. I’m not even sure that God’s listening to me anymore. The only thing keeping me alive right now is music because nobody else cares about me. I’m not sure how much more of this I can handle.

Sometimes I think we think because God isn’t intervening that he isn’t listening, but I am a firm believer that our trials and tribulations make us stronger and who we are.

I know because I’ve been there, multiple times.

2 Likes

When we go through times of darkness, it’s so easy to believe that God isn’t there. Or doesn’t care. Our feelings and thoughts can deceive us. They can make us believe things that aren’t true. God is there. He loves you and is with you, even in this time where it seems He is absent. Our feelings and thoughts can be unreliable, especially when struggling with depression and anxiety.

I’m not going to tell you to pray more or read your Bible more and then everything will be okay. That is a Christian cliche that, oftentimes, can make people struggling with depression feel even worse. Oftentimes, people have already tried that. Then to have someone tell you to “just pray more” and “trust God” makes a person feel more defeated, like they are doing something wrong. Which further perpetuates the cycle.

What has helped me has been to read the Psalms. Even if it’s hard to concentrate (I know the feeling when anxiety is plaguing me), go to a random psalm and choose one verse. Just one. Focus on that. That helps me in times when I don’t have the energy to comprehend what I’m reading or to even pray.

I know it seems like there’s no hope and it would be so much easier to give up. But keep holding on. We care and want you to keep fighting. Your life has value and purpose. Even if that’s hard to see right now. Please continue to reach out to us if you need to. As often as you need to. We are here for you.

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to give the Psalms thing a try.

1 Like

I don’t know about God, but I know you’re strong. You are. And we love you. I don’t know you, but right now I wish I could give you everything, all my hope and pride. Please don’t give up.

1 Like

Hey @jmatt0659,

I’m so sorry to hear about the difficult season you’re going through.

This isn’t true and I want to call that out. When all else fails, remember that WE care about you and what you’re dealing with. Unbeknownst to you, you probably have people in your circles who care about you, you just don’t know it. Back in March when I burst-fractured my spine, I had people come out of the woodwork to express their condolences - people who I haven’t talked to in years. I hope it doesn’t take to the extent of blasting your spine to realize that people care, but I promise you, they do.

I remember listening to a podcast of some scientist/spiritualist describing proof that the universe (God) hears us when we talk. It was fascinating. Unfortunately I don’t remember the name of the speaker or the title of the talk, but it stuck in my mind of how, someone who necessarily doesn’t believe in God, is accidentally proving of His existence and how He hears us outside of our dimension. Anyway, all of that to say, yes, I firmly believe that He hears us when we talk (our thoughts as well). I also believes that He talks back via a subtle tug on our spirit. My question is, are you listening?

-Eric

1 Like

Please call me. I’m in tears AND will make your day. I promise.

i used to have thought of suicide because of my past but i choose Christ before i did something stupid because i thought it was the way out but it wasn’t if i went back to my past and change it i would sometime noting you can’t do but to fix it i was sitting on porches steps i was staring at death thinking about committing suicides but i don’t know where came form then i talk to everyone about it and sometime i am hopeless but i do believe there is hope in Christ