It's not getting better

I’m trying to feel better, but it’s not working. I don’t know what to do anymore

Hey @ash_luhrs I am sorry you are struggling. What’s going on? Can you go into a bit more detail? What have you been trying to do to feel better? We are here to help in any way we can. You are not alone in this!

A lot of things really. Mostly my friends. They’re always too busy to hang out. I know it’s not their fault and they have shit to deal with too, but I just want to hangout with someone. I haven’t hung out with em in over two months. I had a friend who just stopped talking to me. I find myself constantly wondering why, if it was me or if it’s just the way she is. I didn’t know her too well since we’d only known her two months so maybe it is her. That’s kinda made me think about every other time I tried to make friends and wonder it it’s my fault it didn’t work out. It’s also made me afraid of losing the friends I have.

As for trying to feel better, I’ve been trying to see the good things about myself, not think the way I feel is dumb. I mean I wonder if I’m expecting too much from my friends, but I’m trying not to beat myself up for it. Trying to talk to other people more. It’s hard though. I’m not great at talking. I find it hard to keep a conversation going and have trouble raising my voice so people can hear me.

Thanks so much for sharing and providing more clarity. I can see how frustrating and painful this situation must be. I’m sorry you are hurting and that your friends are not there for you when you need them. That can be very difficult. Honestly, I understand where you are coming from. I am struggling myself with friendships and wondering what I am doing wrong. It’s not easy.

I keep telling myself that it’s not me but it’s hard to figure out. It sounds like you are trying to make good efforts to continue your friendships even when they are not there for you when you need them. Hopefully they will start to reach back out to you to hang out. It’s nice to just have a couple people to be around to talk to. I know it’s not the same but just know we are all here for you to talk and to listen if you ever need.

Just know the way you are feeling is not dumb at all. It’s okay to feel that way. There is nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately, we can’t control other people and their actions. All we can do is try to be kind and loving and patient which it sounds like you are doing. Be patient with yourself. You have a beautiful spirit and it’s clear you care about others a lot.

Have you tried voicing these concerns and feelings to a family member or counselor or something like that? It might help to figure out how to move forward. Otherwise, of course, we are here for you! Stay strong my friend! I believe in you!

…Yep,
this is exactly how I’m feeling right now
I don’t know what to do anymore either
if it helps, keep posting, it’s what I have been doing
Jason