Lesbian/Straight

Im dating a butch (lesbian) for 2 years now but Im still in denial that I myself am a lesbian. Today, I think Im attracted to straight girls. I dont knwo what to do. And Im a Christian.

1 Like

Friend, Christian or not this is a difficult situation for anyone. I think it would be a good idea for you to speak to your partner. She knows you better than any of us and may be of more help. It’s horrible when you’re unsure of something you once thought was so true. Let her support you and help you through this.

Hold fast
Kayla

2 Likes

Hey @alovescreams,

Thank you for reaching out to us! It takes a lot of courage to admit that you’re struggling with your sexuality. Take a step back of what society says, and take a good look at both boys and girls. Do you tend to lean more toward being attracted to boys? Or more attracted to girls? Or both? I agree with @Kayla that it would be a good idea to talk to your partner about how you’re feeling. This is a really sensitive subject, and I believe that trust & communication are the 2 most important things that create a solid foundation in a relationship - including communicating to your partner with what you’re struggling with. Please keep us updated!

-Eric

2 Likes

Hey friend,

I understand the struggle with sexuality. I recently just figured out I was a demi-bisexual- which I didn’t even realize was a thing until I watched a YouTuber named Jessie Paege’s coming out videos.

I am in complete agreement with my fellow friendships post above in regards to talking to your partner about this situation.

I have also struggled with religion and sexuality- I was scared to be who I was because of the way people speak.

What I will say is just be you. You are made as you are and you are loved no matter what.

Hold fast.

With love,
Lyss (ur old pal Blurryface)

2 Likes

Hey friend! First of all, thank you for posting about this - I know this is a subject lots of people struggle with, including myself, and it takes courage to actually open a conversation about it.

Sexuality can be one of the most confusing things to deal with, especially when you cant pinpoint it. For some people the answer is clear - they’re only attracted to certain kind of people, and it’s so clear, they never even have to doubt it. For some of us however, it’s not so easy - the limits of our sexuality are kinda blurry, or they change a bit depending on our mood, the day of the month or the position of planets, whatever. If your feel like your religion is against you experiencing your sexuality, it makes things even more difficult mentally.

The best advice I can give you is agree with everyone else in encouraging you to talk to your partner. They could help you figure out where you stand. Another thing, which is easier said than done, is to stop caring about your sexuality. Get into the mindset of “there’s so many more interesting things about me, my sexuality should not matter to anyone. I’m allowed to be who I am and love who I love without labels or judgement.” Again, I know that is an extremely difficult mindset to actually get into, and even tho I’ve been practicing it for years now, I still have times when I wish I could just point at a labeled group and say “this one, this is where I belong.” But I’ve slowly learned to accept that I don’t really know which one it is that I belong in, if any of them - I have, however, found peace in knowing that I’m not faking anything just to fit in, and I’d rather drift between the labels than write something in stone only to find that it’s not how I feel at all.

Hold fast friend, you’re loved and deserve to love exactly the way you are. Sincerely, your grey-asexual-bisexual-grey-aromantic friend. (<- just proving the point)

1 Like

Thank you so much for making time for this. You actually know the right words to say. I feel not so alone anymore.

1 Like

Hey alovescreams,
I am from team Out of the Ashes and as a fellow Christian I would advise you to pray about it, you never know what God has in store for your life. You could not even feel in denial a few years from now and fully embrace it, you never know, I will keep you in my prayers.

1 Like