Life Update ahhh

So I complete my trade at Job corps with CPR/Servsafe Food Handler/Complete in Culinary Art Trade I’m so proud of myself that I did this with me completing my trade I get 500$ while here staff member got me a local job though a program called Americorps VISTA program which is a 12 week program I’m going working at a greenhouse for homeless Veterns I’m currently applying for low income apartments/food stamps

I feel like i did something in life but i’m so scared to go live in a apartment by myself I’m scared I’m going lock myself in Apartment and not come out only work I’m scared Im going replase I’m scared

Hey, that’s super great! You absolutely should be proud of yourself! I’m proud of you too! Good for you! Celebrate that. You know? You deserve to be excited and happy that you accomplished that.

I understand that living in your own space can be scary. But it can be SO relieving. Having that space that is your own. You can fill it with things that make you happy and feel good.

If you need to, make connections with friends and co-workers. Go out and hang out! Bowling, movies, find a local game shop, go to the gym, rock climbing. Explore the local area. Anything! Take a friend out and enjoy the fresh air.

It’s okay to be scared my friend. But don’t forget to be excited and happy for yourself. This is a really great thing. I’m happy for you. And I wish you the best of luck with the application process and the food stamps.

You are not alone. We are here to support you along the way.

• Kitty

This is AMAZING!! Congrrats! I am so proud of you for completing your trade job! That’s a huge accomplishment! I know it’s so scary to live on your own, but you have already made such huge strides! It might be nice to live on your own and have a space of your own to go home to. Try to hold onto this feeling whenever you feel like you might relapse and remind yourself of what you can accomplish when you set your mind to it!

1 Like

Hey Jace,

I just want you to know that I see you, and that I love you so much friend. You are loved, and your life matters, and my friend you should be so proud of yourself. This is a big accomplishment in your life, and don’t dismiss it! Celebrate this, do something nice for yourself, even if it’s taking a day for yourself, or buying yourself a nice dinner, getting yourself a new outfit etc.

Now about being out on your own, that’s really hard. That is a legitimate concern, but I believe in you my friend. You can do this. You will now have this space of your own, that you know that you have worked hard for etc. Now that you are living alone, make sure that you are still involved with community etc.

Try to make friends maybe around you, or at work etc. And make plans with them! Go have dinner, go bowling, skating, shopping, or just for a walk at the park. It’ll be important to make sure you’re not isolating now that you are living alone!

I am so proud of you friend!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey