Life with depression

Rob, that’s so great! The fact that you are going through this depression but you still want to help others who are suffering shows true strength and character. I’m sure it’s very hard but maybe you can still work to open up that help site. You never know who can benefit from your kindness. You could also invite the girl you were helping to post over here at Heart Support!

2 Likes

Do you play games on STEAM? I mostly play there but I also have PS4 and a Switch. What kinds of games do you like to play?

And yes! Check out those play lists! There are so many there! And meditation videos that can be really good for re centering yourself and clearing your mind if those depressing thoughts. I hope they help!

1 Like

I play always in ps 4. But a lot of different games… That depents on how I feel… Today I played “the forest” with a friend of mine… Or a working colleague. But I love games with nice stories like Assasins creed, far cry or fallout :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

There was a time back in the days… I just hated everyone and then I startet to Drink all day… And as is almost takes my life I slowly started to Turn… I stopped drinking and startet to use my time better… My scares always reminds me of the Bad days but that’s ok because I know that I get out of it by myself.

And at the Moment I turned away from sinking I thought maybe it was so much worse because I was all alone… And I started thinking about of other people are so alone I want to be with them to help. Because I don’t wish to anyone that they have to life in this hell. No one deserves that

1 Like

How can I join the discord?

1 Like

Hey Rob
Much respect to you for reaching out. I just joined yesterday thanks to my friends in As I Lay Dying in connecting me to Heart Support through a recent documentary they created. Stay strong brother. I know for me, music has always been a primary source of support in battling life stressors and struggles. It’s what has got me through dealing with and finally accepting the abuse I suffered as a kid from a neighbor. I still experience triggers and at times it will stop me in my tracks. But I do not let it take control of my emotions. That along with losing my friend on Sept 11 and most recently , my mom passing on up to Heaven - I find my strength to push on through the power of friends and music…be it friends I hang with in person or communicate with now via Heart Support.
Just know you’re not alone brother. :metal:t2:

2 Likes

Yes you can! Here is a link https://discord.gg/gE2zh3

1 Like

Wow, thanks for sharing that. I’m so glad that you were able to find strength to come through that. Drinking can be a dangerous escape as it only helps in the moments, but in the long run it damages our bodies and our minds. Especially when used as an anti-depressant. Since alcohol is actually a depressant it’s counter productive when trying to feel better.

I hope that you continue to find strength my friend. And that you are able to have peace and fulfillment in life.

• Kitty

@Rob How are you feeling today my friend? I know yesterday was a rough day for you from what you expressed. I hope you are doing a bit better today and that the light of hope is shining forth for you in some way! Stay strong and keep holding onto that hope!

1 Like