Lost Job, Apartment , single mom, depressed, anxious

Where do I even begin… I’m a 35 year old single
Mom and I lost my job in June. I’m going through a very hard time. I have depression, panic disorder, I am sober for 9& 1/2 years and I can’t stop being stressed out. We have to move too. Being evicted. Everything seems to go wrong - everything. I was in a new relationship and that went south. I thought that was going really well and then something from my past came up- he couldn’t handle it… He said it wasn’t him, that it was other things but I know the truth. He was probable a cheater anyway. Although, he made me happy. I still wanted to have fun for a couple months with him and get my mind off my depression and my horrible situation. Please help me. I’m so broke (financially and mentally) I can’t afford to go to the grocery store. I can’t stop crying. I have no support. I am so alone. I just want to curl up with my dog and die or sleep. Or take some drugs maybe. I wouldn’t… I don’t think. I can’t though… I love my daughter too much. I can’t get help from
Places that help with housing because I make to much when I am working - and I’ll be working soon- I’ll be getting unemployment in a week or two- they screwed that up too!! Everything is always screwed up for me, I feel cursed. Why is everything feeling so dark, lonely and sad? I want human connection again. I’m not ugly. People say I’m pretty but I’m not in my 20’s anymore and I lost my confidence to talk to people and be me and be happy. I just don’t want to talk or I talk way too much. One doctor said I had Bipolar 2. The kind where you’re either depressed or more depressed. I don’t get high highs. Sounds right. Any help. Please let me know. I just need some friendly words. I’m really sad. I’m about to be evicted - well, tomorrow the process starts and I have no job. Things could be worse .Maybe. I guess. I have to find another job. I just got a flat tire too. On top of all My emotional problems. Thanks for reading. This is my first post. There’s a lot of grammatical errors- sorry :neutral_face:

1 Like

Thanks for opening up about what’s going on in your life. I’m sorry it seems like everything is crashing down on top of you all at once. There is a lot going on and, though it seems impossible (I know from experience how it feels), try to take everything in steps. And fix each situation in order of priority. 9 & 1/2 years sober is an amazing accomplishment and it’s clear that you love your daughter so much. I bet she thinks the world of you. Let these two victories push you to improve your life in these other areas.
Take breaks when you need them, and don’t overwork yourself. You won’t be able to get anything done if you’re feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.
And in case nobody told you today: You are loved, you are a great mother, and you matter.
If you ever need a friend, you came to the right place. We will support you in whatever way we can.

Hang in there friend

1 Like

Hey there!
Thank you for coming and posting this. I am happy you feel comfortable sharing your feelings and struggles here. I am also sorry to hear about the rough patch you have been experiencing :confused: it’s not easy to raise a daughter while being evicted and having no job and that definitely warrants the feeling of being anxious and depressed. My advice is to focus one a couple things right now and put your energy into those things. Like, focus on just your daughter, finding a steady job, and a place to live. Different distractions can come in and make life feel overwhelming and it sounds like that’s whats happening to you. It’s nice to have a boyfriend and have that connection but it’s not always the right timing to have that which doesn’t mean you’re any less of a person. You’re just in a chapter of change and figuring out this hardship. If there’s any way we can help then please let us know! You are always welcome to come and talk about your struggles :slight_smile:

-Maddie