My best friend is ignoring me

My best friend is ignoring me and I don’t know why. It all started when he left to Miami. We were fine when he left but when he got back things just got weird. I don’t know if I did or said something to make him do this. He only does this when he’s mad at me. And I think he is mad, but I don’t know what I did. He doesn’t even acknowledge or say hi to me. And if I do try to talk to him he starts saying things like “did you hear something?” And things like that. I feel so heartbroken because I can’t talk to my best friend. And I hate myself for it. I don’t know what to do.

1 Like

That’s really rough. It’s unfair and hurtful when people don’t want to communicate when something is wrong. But, maybe he’s not as good of a friend as you think of he’s treating you this way. Maybe he just needs some space for a little while and then after a week or two you can send him a gentle message, asking you if you can talk civilly about what’s going on. Just try to both be understanding of each other’s feelings and try not to do it when either of you are in a bad mood. Maybe you can work it out once there’s been a little time to talk.

If he’s not willing to talk, maybe he’s not a very good friend. You have to be able to communicate with people in order to know how to fix what’s going on. And when you do communicate, try to be very open minded if each other’s feelings.

I’m sorry you’re having a rough time with family and friends right now, sweetheart. It really sucks. But as you know I’m only a message away.

I may not always have the answers, but I’ll try my best to be a safe place for you at least.

Much love.

2 Likes

@Vanessa

This is something I can relate. I have a friend who is busy because of her school, and we haven’t talk in awhile. 2 weeks ago, I send her a text if things are okay with us, and she didn’t reply. I ask myself if she is ignoring me and avoiding me. She might be going through a lot, and I don’t know. People will do things we don’t understand. Whether it is our fault or not. Don’t beat yourself up because of your best friend. Give it some time. If you need to vent more, this forum is still open. I hope you are hanging on. Thank you for sharing. God bless you.

1 Like