My boyfriend left me crying in ball

My anxiety and depression are out of control. I was having a panic attack crying and my boyfriend tells me to try and calm down and I’m working myself up. I snapped at him saying I have anxiety for no reason, telling him he doesn’t understand and I can’t help it. It just happens. I was sobbing and he tells me he’s leaving and gets up and says I’m trying to help and I don’t know if I can handle this. I told him to get out and started crying more and he left. What I don’t get is he’s handled my panic attacks before and has been more than understanding and supportive through my battle with anxiety and depression. That’s what hurts the most, thinking you’ve found someone who understands you and then end up walking away anyway. I literally want to die, I am so sad and depressed and this just topped it off. I don’t have a plan and the only thing that keeps me going is my 7 month old nephew. Please help.

Hi Chrissy!

That’s so hard to go through. Anxiety can be so hard. That’s like me. I get panic attacks out of nowhere and it can really drive me and those around me crazy. How do you explain you don’t know why you are anxious? What I’ve realized is that anxiety can also destroy our relationships. But you deserve someone who won’t walk away. Someone who will give you space when you need it, but stay and help you as well. It can hurt so so much when someone walks away, and I am so sorry about that. But we are here. We won’t turn away from you. If you are still together with your bf have you ever considered going to a therapist or counselor with him so that he will have a better understanding of how to help you during those anxiety attacks? Either way you are loved here.

1 Like

Oh sweetheart I’m so sorry. Anxiety is a hard thing for everyone. It can be so hard knowing what the best course of action is. The only thing you can do is talk to him and explain what would help you get through it.

I’m sorry things went so poorly. We are here to support you and be there so that you are not alone. Sometimes when I know my anxiety is so bad and I don’t know how to control it, I try to let my boyfriend Know that I don’t have control Of my emotions and I feel like I may get upset. I don’t always have a reason and I just try to be really open with him so that he can try to help me. Sometimes what I need is just to go take a moment by myself till I’m ready to receive help. I have moments where I become too anxious and worked up to receive any help in the moment. And that’s okay. It’s okay to just need space.

I do try to be careful though. I don’t want to verbally attack my boyfriend for no reason. So I try really hard to just not say anything when I’m feeling so emotional. It happens sometimes. But it doesn’t make you a bad person at all! Just keep communicating as you can. Be open and honest. Take time if you need it to yourself.

Find some calming music to relax yourself. I have a really calming playlist that I listen to. Lots of piano and classical type music. I can share it if you’d be interested.

Mediation videos on YouTube. Those can help.

Anyway. We are here. You are cared for and valued. You don’t have to go about this alone. We love you!

1 Like

Hey there

Never forget that people have limits. He may have been able to handle your panic attacks in the past but that doesn’t mean that they don’t take their toll on him. By the sounds of it, it seems like he cares otherwise he wouldn’t have hung around the past. In light of the fact that you were the one who snapped at him, I believe you should apologize to him as its unfair to put someone through difficult situations and then blame them for leaving (especially if they are someone you care about).

I what it is like to deal with depression and anxiety and I know how tough it can be, but that being said it sounds like its time for some tough love. I’ve been in a situation before when I was trying to help someone through panic attacks while they hurled blame at me and tried to overdose: it isn’t pleasant to say the least. The best way to keep someone around who you believe understands you and wants to help you is to show them genuine love and appreciation.

Don’t use what you are suffering with as an excuse, that will only make things worse. Strive to act out of love instead.

1 Like

I try my best to show him how much I care for him, how
much I love him, I do little things and I apologized last night for snapping. He’s truly not a bad guy but I need someone who is going to j sweat and that I can’t help it. He said he needs time to think about some things, I’m giving it to him. I’m just torn to whether try if he wants or just leave because he left me when I needed him most and didn’t know how to convey it because my emotions were too strong. I’m just lost

1 Like

I am glad that you show him how much you care for him, and I think its admirable that you are giving him the time he needs.

Stay strong and maybe give yourself time.You don’t need to force the words, let them come in their own time. You may feel as though you need someone else in order to function, but I am sure that if you dig deep you will find that you are more capable than you think.

1 Like

Hey @Chrissykimberly Here is my response. I would love to send you the drawing if you’d like it. Email me and let me know: [email protected]

3 Likes